Chapter 9: Stupid Hack

Last time was very weird for me. Tsukasa-senpai complimented me and even asked for my photo. To add to that, he treated me afterwards! But I didn't want to keep thinking too much about it.

So, I just went on with everything like usual after all that. Every week I would go and taste test Tsukasa-senpai's dishes and point out things that he can improve.

Yet we still haven't found what I was looking for. On the bright side, his cooking became another different league after so many tryouts.

"Thanks for the tip again, Moretti-san," Tsukasa-senpai said after a round of our cooking judgments.

"Sure thing, senpai. I've got to go. I have class in 10 minutes. I'll you see you around." I stood up ready to leave when he pulled my hand back.

I looked back to him with my eyebrows raised.

"Since the spring elections are coming up, how about this time I taste test your dish? We can learn more from doing that and you'll probably need practice," he suggested.

After much thought, I agreed with him before leaving the area. I'm so thankful that after the modelling shoots, nothing unusual popped out again. But at the same time, I felt disappointed for some reason.

"Caterina!" my new best friend, Isshiki called for me.

"Yo! What's up?"

"I'd like you to meet two of our amazing kouhais!" He pointed to a red-head boy and a blue haired girl.

"This is Yukihira Sōma and Tadokoro Megumi," He introduced them with much pride.

"Ohh? You're the infamous Yukihira I've heard about. It's good to finally meet you," I told the boy with gold eyes before turning to the girl with braided pigtails. "It's nice to meet you too, Tadokoro-kun."

"I-It's my pleasure, senpai!" The newly introduced shy girl replied after she bowed her head.

"Umm, what exactly is your name, senpai?" Yukihira, on the other hand asked, which led me to laugh.

"I'm Moretti Caterina." I bowed my head.

"Nice to meet you, senpai! Wanna have a shokugeki?" He suddenly challenged me which made me laugh even more.

"That's so sudden. You're quite rash. You should be more careful you know," I scolded him after a few laughs that made him frown and Tadokoro-kun nod her head so much.

"I won't ask you for a challenge if I don't know I'd win, Moretti-senpai," He said, serious.

I looked back to Ishhiki to see him with his usual amused cyan eyes staring at the three of us.

"Why don't you accept his challenge, Caterina?" Ishhiki asked cheekily.

I glared at him. "No thanks. I don't want to accept a challenge without a secured win."

"H-Huh? But i-isn't that what makes you learn and have fun, senpai?" Tadokoro-kun queried me.

"Not for me. Cooking's not really my thing. Just got forced to study here. If you want a real shokugeki, go and ask my brother. He's a real chef," I tried to explain, emphasizing the word "real."

Key word, "tried." I don't think they understood me.

"Caterina..." Ishhiki sadly called me but I just gave him a small smile to tell him it's okay.

"Wait a minute! You're on first name basis! Are you two dating?" Yukihira-kun concluded stupidly.

I don't even call Isshiki by his first name.