Chapter 15: The Second Round

When the clock striked 3:00 pm, only 19 students came back on time. The rest of them got stuck in the maze, trying to find their way out.

"That ends the first round of the Spring Elections! Thank you for cooperating with us! The remaining students in the maze will be picked up by Tōtsuki's helicopter in a few moments," Isshiki said before smiling and congratulating those who passed.

He left and gave the mike back to Kawashima-kun who then gave it to Rindou-senpai.

"Good afternoon, Tōtsuki!" Roars fell onto us as Rindou-senpai grinned cheekily. "Tomorrow at 9:00 am, let's meet again for the second round! I'm Kobayashi Rindou, the proctor for the second round!"

Rindou-senpai is the proctor? Why does that make me feel uneasy?

When the first round ended, my parents came over to me followed by my brother to ask if we could all have dinner together to which Hiroto and I agreed to.

Followed by that, they dropped us off to our dorm and that day ended with a night's sleep.

...

"Good morning, everyone! I'm Kobayashi Rindou, this round's proctor! This year's second round is..." A drum roll rang in the stadium as she paused. "Hunting!"

Hunting?! What the heck did I get myself into?! I thought we're chefs! Not some crazy killer!

"The remaining 22 students shall hunt for the meats they will cook for the next and final round. They are welcome to use any weapons and way to hunt just as long as they succeed to overpower their prey. The hunt shall take place in the nearest forest here where we have placed different kinds of animals that you can hunt, from rabbits to chickens to birds to deers! Whatever your wild little minds can think of! Now without furtherado, take your weapons and we shall begin momentarily," Rindou-senpai informed, grinning crazily as she secretly clapped hands with Isshiki.

Those...Those idiots!

...

When the timer for the preparations began, I decided to change my clothes since we have one hour to prepare.

I dressed in a black light weight coat and black tight pants which I paired with a pair of black ankle boots. I tied my hair in a high ponytail before setting out to the weapon room the staff prepared for us.

In the weapon room hang different weapons froms spears to bows and arrows to guns, anything. Well, anything brutal, really.

Why are we even allowed to use these? Do they compesate us if we accidentally killed anyone or ourselves?

I went nearer the weapons and inspected each of them before deciding to use a bow and arrows. Good thing I know how to use them.

"Are you using that?" A woman's voice asked me so I turned around to her.

"Yes. I am."

She put down the pack of food she was eating and took the bow and arrows from me to check it. "Good choice."

I left her with the bow and arrows then took the pack of food that she left on a nearby table. "Pork skin?"

"Pork intenstines to be precise. They're delicious! You should try some!" Rindou-senpai said before returning my weapons to me.

I blinked before taking one from the pack. "Hey, this is good! Where'd you get them?"

"Got them from a Spanish store nearby. For a pretty good deal too."