Chapter 26: Danger

The next day, I only had two classes, each of them only using two hours of my time today. After they finished, I immediately headed to the arena where the next round of the Autumn elections will be held.

"Yo!" I heard a voice call so I turned around and was met with Fukuda-kun and Akashi-kun waving at me.

"Wait for us!" Akashi-kun shouted and ran towards me. She gave me a hug and linked her arms with mine.

"Let's go," she said once Fukuda-kun catched up.

While walking towards the arena, I spoke. "You guys are oftenly together."

"Oh please! You just caught on us together today. We don't see you often! You're often with Isshiki-kun," Akashi-kun replied with a teasing smile.

I nudged her and shook my head. "We're just friends. But you guys, I don't know."

"Huh! As if I'd ever go out with a maniac like her," Fukuda-kun huffed.

Akashi-kun removed her arms from mine and started arguing with Fukuda-kun.

I rolled my eyes at the children next to me and simply sat in the bench near the stage.

"Shush you two. It's about to start."

Unfortunately, my friends didn't stop arguing. I looked around and happened to see Eishi watching nearby where he will not be easily noticed and decided to walk towards him.

"Hey," I greeted. His eyes widened in surprise and I giggled at his reaction.

"Caterina! You scared me." He put his hand on his chest and sighed.

"When are you not scared?" I teased and he put his head down. I smiled softly and pat his back. "I'm joking."

He sighed. "You shouldn't joke about things like that to me...you know...I'm..."

"An extremely easy to nervous talented senior, yes. Yes, I do know that." I rolled my eyes.

"That just makes me sound like I have a superiority complex." Don't you though?

A girly loud booming voice was heard from the emcee, Kawashima-kun. She announced the start of this round which will begin with Mimasaka Subaru and Yukihira Soma.

Both competitors appeared and announced that they'll have a shokugeki. I saw Eishi's life flew out of him when he heard them. He held on to my shoulder and I winced in pity for him.

Soon enough, Eishi left to arrange the matters and then, the shokugeki began. Yukihira-kun went as far as to put his name as a chef in this shokugeki while Mimasaka Subaru promised to return all of the knives he had taken from his past shokugekis back if he lost.

Yukihira-kun, he's an idiot. He'd really put his entire life and passion for this? I sighed. I guess it's a little similar to the fact I will stop creating art once I'm proven to be unable to create something magnificent than my other pieces.

Yukihira-kun's unpredictability flashed when he brought out a grill to use for cooking. I smiled, proud of him. He'll win this, no doubt.

In the end, I was right for trusting him. He had won the shokugeki and all the knives Mimasaka Subaru had taken were returned to them, at least all except one. Takumi-kun refused to have it back unless he beat Yukihira-kun in a shokugeki. It was a prideful declaration but I'm also proud of him for wanting to prove he's a formidable chef.

I had left the arena after that. I already have a feeling Hayama-kun and Kuriba Ryo will be tied and will both go to the finals anyways.

Instead of watching, I decided to go to a kitchen. For some unknown reason, I suddenly want to bake something.