Chapter 27: Like V.S Love

Today is the last day of the Autumn elections, the last round but since I had just finished a lot of schoolworks, I'm in need of a break and decided to rest instead of going.

If I ever felt like going, then I would. But for now, it's just me, myself, and I. After all, I haven't had a me time since forever.

I'm in one of the school's garden. I sat in the pavillion in the area and brought my art materials.

If I'm going to rest, why am I going draw, you may ask? Well, that's because for me, making art is resting.

But I'm faced with a problem. I don't know what to draw in my sketch book. I looked around to spot something to draw and although, a lot of them are beautiful, something felt missing so I didn't draw them.

That was when I saw a tall boy with white hair talking to my brother from afar. Hi hair is swinging by the wind and he's holding a clipboard.

I held my pencil and started to sketch his features as I had remembered since he already passed by.

I was too far from them to notice and I didn't really want to socialize with anyone as of the moment.

After I had finished my sketch, I put all my art materials back in my bag and began walking towards the arena of the Autumn elections.

I sat down with Fukuda-kun in the front and asked, "What'd I miss?"

"A lot," He rolled his eyes. I looked behind him but truly for the first time, I saw him alone. He's not with Akashi-kun.

"Where's Akashi-kun?"

"She told me she has a meeting with her parents today. She's not going to make it," He said while in a daze. Is something wrong?

I didn't put much thought to it and simply decided to watch the match. The smell of the food that the three are making immediately made my stomach growl.

I looked at Fukuda-kun to see if he had heard my stomach's cries but it seemed that he didn't. He's not even paying attention to the competition.

After the three presented their dishes and the judges tasted each one, the headmaster spoke comments about the winner.

It's going to be Hayama-kun. I just know. Just like I had predicted, Hayama-kun won while the other two got tied in second place.

I don't really know why he won. I just felt like he would and that's why I'm not able to give an answer to Eishi on why I find his food, "boring."

"Senpai." I heard someone call and I looked around to see Hayama-kun walking towards me.

"Congratulations, Hayama-kun!" I greeted him with a smile.

He nodded and looked away before talking to me again. "Jun invited you to our celebration for my win. Are you free?"

How thoughtful of Professor Jun. I gave him a thumbs up. "Yup! I'm all free today. Let's go."

While I was following him, I said my goodbye to Fukuda-kun who immediately left the arena after a phone call.

During the way, I saw Eishi. He seems more bothered than usual. I wonder why?

I wanted to go after him to ask but it would be rude since I have a companion so I opted to ask the next time I see him.

...

The celebration for Hayama-kun's win is simple. It's just the three of us with the food Professor Jun had made.

She had served rendang, pho, pad thai, kimchi, dosa, and dim sum along with matcha green tea.