Chapter 4

One year later. It's a rainy day. Most of the boys and Tara have opted to stay indoors today. Logan, Patton and Janus are now 20. Virgil, Roman and Remus are 19. Tara is 18. 

Logan and Patton went food shopping about half an hour ago after it stopped raining. They've been making some good money with Janus and Remus' new job, Roman and Tara's performances, and Logan's computer repairs. Janus and Remus ended up going back a month ago and were hired on that same fishing boat they worked almost a year prior. After three days Shelly decided that the boys were good helpers and decided to hire them for the fishing season. They've been working for her four days out of the week for the past three weeks. Today just happens to be the start of their three day weekend. 

"My gods I hurt so bad! How I wish I could use my abilities!" Remus says as he sprawls on the floor. 

"You know you can't love," Janus says sitting next to him. 

"Yeah yeah. I know. I can dream though," Remus responds.

"Roman," Virgil whines from the floor by the couch. 

"I just gave you some though," Roman says as he eats his chocolate. He's sitting next to him. Roman had a sweet tooth yesterday so he used his water money to buy a candy bar instead. He ate half of it yesterday and saved the rest for today. 

"Please," Virgil pleads with puppy dog eyes. Roman sighs and smiles at him. 

"What are you gonna give me in return?" Roman teases, causing Virgil to pout in addition to his puppy dog eyes. 

"Alright. Enough with the puppy dog eyes. Here," Roman says as he hands him another piece of chocolate. Virgil smiles and takes it from him. "No more," Roman says, eating the the last piece. Virgil hums happily as he eats his chocolate. 

"Thank you Roman," he says sweetly.

"You should know better by now, Roman. He knows exactly how to get what he wants from you and Patton," Tara says from where she's writing in her notebook on the couch. 

"Tara's right Roman. We all know why Patton gives in so easily. He treats Virgil like his own child. If I wasn't as dense as Virgil I'd wonder why he's able to get you to give in so easily," Remus says. 

"Shut up Remus," Roman says. 

"I am not dense," Virgil mumbles and stands up. He heads back into his shared room. Roman follows him. 

"Stop teasing them. They'll figure it out eventually," Janus says. 

"It's just so painful watching them pine after each other," Remus says. 

"I'm with Janus. They'll figure it out," Tara says.

Back in the room Virgil sits on the bed. 

"You okay?" Roman asks from where he's leaning in the doorway. 

"Yeah. Just bored," Virgil responds as he lays on the bed. 

"Same," Roman says with a sigh. 

"I wish we could go out and do something," Virgil says. 

"Like what?" Roman asks. 

"I don't know. What do guys our age usually do?" Virgil asks in return. 

"Beats me," Roman says. Virgil sighs with annoyance. 

"Where would you live if you could live anywhere?" he asks Roman. 

"Probably Orsen. Island life sounds like it could be fun," Roman answers. 

"What about you?" he asks as he walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. 

"Probably Orsen as well," Virgil responds. The two continue to ask each other questions to pass the time. Soon enough they're called into the dining room by Patton.