Chapter 16

"Well, like I said, I'm proud of you. Overcoming your fears isn't easy but you did it," Roman tells him as he moves his hand to grab Virgil's. 

"Thanks. I suppose I'm proud of myself too. I mean I never thought I'd be able to do it but I did," Virgil says. Roman smiles proudly at him. Virgil looks down with embarrassment. 

"Anyway. I've been wondering what we're going to do now that we got you back," Virgil says. 

"What do you want to do?" Roman asks. 

"I think I want to stay with the rebellion. To help out other supers who need it," Virgil says softly. "Of course I'll be going wherever you all go," he adds. 

"Well. I wouldn't mind joining up with the rebellion and helping other supers. Plus I'd be with you. I'd be happy," Roman says. Virgil smiles and squeezes the hand holding his.

An hour passes and the other recruits start to wake up. Patton opens his eyes first and notices immediately that Virgil isn't in bed. It's not rare for him to awake before everyone else but it isn't common either. On a hunch he unwraps Logan's arm around him and sits up. The first thing he does is look over to where Roman slept. He's gone too. Patton stands up and starts to leave. 

"Patton," Virgil says as he leaves the sleeping quarters. 

"There you are kiddos," Patton says as he walks to them. "Have you two talked?" he asks. That's when he realizes they're holding hands. 

"Yeah. We talked," Virgil says. 

"Good. I'm glad. You two are adorable together by the way," Patton says grinning. Virgil looks down and aside, embarrassed. 

"Alright. I'm gonna go freshen up," Patton tells them. They both nod and watch him walk away.

Patton leaves and heads back into the sleeping quarters before heading to the bathroom. 

"Roman? What are we now?" Virgil asks softly. 

"Depends. Do you want to be my boyfrie-?" Roman asks but Virgil cuts him off. 

"Yes!" he says before Roman even gets the full question out. Roman grins happily but Virgil just covers his face with his free hand. 

"Can we pretend I didn't say it that fast?" Virgil asks with embarrassment. 

"Absolutely not. I'm gonna tell everyone who will listen that you agreed to be my boyfriend before I even got the full question out," Roman tells him with a playful smile. Virgil uncovers his face and glares half-heartedly at his new boyfriend. Roman's smile seems to grow. 

"I'm not sure if that look is cute or something I'd never want aimed at me again," he says. Virgil rolls his eyes with a small smile.

An hour and a half passes by before everyone is up and the trainers have arrived. Edith came downstairs half an hour ago to start cooking breakfast. Patton helped her. When breakfast is ready everyone takes a seat. Patton and Edith place two plates full of pancakes on each table before sitting down themselves. The toppings are already placed around on every table. 

Damien and Luisa give up their usual seats so Roman and Sarah can take their spots. Everyone chats throughout breakfast. Mostly getting to know the two newcomers and what their lives have been like. Roman answers every question that's asked. Sarah only answers when the question is aimed at her since she is preoccupied with eating. That and she's still shy around new people. 

The questions die down once breakfast is over. They all stand up and head to the training area.

Parker calls for Logan and friends. The group walks over to him.