𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 [4.2] | updated

contains cringe scenes;
if it's not in your expectations
then don't read it darlin'.

c.4// (y/n)'s point of view
part two with 2,866 word

By the time I had rescued all of the children, the chief informed me that Eucliffe's vitals is finally stable. So, I rush towards the infirmary, passing on the streets that was once quiet and gloomy. The town is now finally full of laughter and joy, bringing back it's former glory.

As I arrived in front of the infirmary, I entered without a knock as my excitement got into me. I walk closer to the infirmary bed and saw the mage gave me a glare but then sighed before taking out the herbs from Sting's wounds. I quietly apologize to her.

There was no present healer in the vicinity so we only rely on natural alternatives. Fortunately, it is effective and most of the wounds are either not too deep or not in critical areas. "He should be okay in a day but it is important that you'll get him check to a proper healer," The mage suggested before she walked away.

I sat down near his bed and let a couple of minutes pass while stroking his hair, and when it was finally the right time to cry, I let it all out with all my mixed feelings that were filled with hatred, love and worries. I might choke this blonde to death. Really.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that, Eucliffe," I muttered, sniffing away my last tears before wiping them away. Although, the best ones do still emerge despite what both of us have been through but sadly, it dawned to me that I did nothing from this quest but to hurt him. "I did hurt you the most tho," I looked away after I peered at him with what's left with my mixed emotions.

When midnight came, I began to feel drowsy so I decided to head back to my assigned station but before I could do so, a hand pulled me downwards and I came crashing to a set of muscular arms.

I redden in embarrassment, "E-eucliffe!" I whispered, enough for him to hear me while I suppressed my scream by hitting him instead. "Ouch! That's how you treat your guild master?" He pouted and my heart suddenly began throbbing hard.

Breathe, (y/n).
Breathe.

"And is that how you'd ask people to stay? By pulling them towards you, really?" I slap his chest once more before I squirmed away. I let out a huff, motioning my distraught as I look away, still embarrassed from the situation. Fortunately, my heart settled down.

He shuffle between his duvet and he let out a laugh which in return made me glare at him. "How did you know I'd want you to stay?" I saw him grinned while he wiggled his eyebrows.

I let out no reply and was fully aware that I was cornered, but jokes on him, it's what most romance novels consist.

When he notice I gave no reply, he sighed in defeat and took one of my hand to touch with his. With that, my heart started throbbing once more and I end up gasping for air. I began questioning why it's hard to breathe—as if, I'm allergic to him.

as if, I am in love to him.
wait—am I?

I could clearly see the wave of sweat in my legs and Sting doesn't seem to notice any of these. 'Even the gasping was unnoticeable?' I urge my scream into a suppression and when I look back at Eucliffe, moonlight now seemed to shine at him.