𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 [4.1] | updated

contains cringe scenes;
if it's not in your expectations
then don't read it darlin'.

c.4 // (y/n)'s point of view
part one with 4,496 words

Like any normal day, the guild was filled with laughters and smiles. For its former glory roused once more when Sting Eucliffe became the guild master and with Rogue Cheney as his right hand. No one questioned it, as all view the twins with respect and honor—except me.

Not that I hate-hate them to the bone or had a difficulty adjusting to the guild—it isn't even personal. They did not knew who I was and same was I before I joined the guild and no matter how I try to put my shoes to those who support them, I never had the reason why I must like them. Although, we both have the same goal. To be stronger.

I silently ate my proportion of breakfast at the farthest rouse of happiness, chatter and bickering. I focused on my plate where only the clank of my spoon was visibly heard, grimly held in the spoonful of meatloaf and greens in front of me before forcefully shoving it to my mouth.

"Why do everyone love this?" I expressed in muffled frustration as I set down the spoon to finally push out the plate to the other side of the table. Fully famished from my breakfast, I cocked my head to the side and saw the same picture of laughter and smiles from the minute I entered the guild. Where I sat surely made me stand out from other guild members but being alone has it's perks.

'They sure love to chat,' I thought while looking at the blue haired woman which I remember that everyone calls her Yukino. I then look at her other companions who I vaguely remember, as not even the names resurfaced at the back of my head. Hopeless with my thoughts, I heaved a sigh before beckoning myself to do something for the day, I could do a quest that will help me for a couple of months or maybe—just maybe lounge and don't give a damn with my rent. I'll surely end up homeless at that point.

I gave in to a snicker before flicking my fingers to teleport near the quest board. My fangs popped out while I rummaged with every piece of paper, and just like any other member, I need to live by completing this damn quest. "If only I was born rich," I mumbled once more before debating between two quest that were easy enough to finish for a day and alas, after finally setting down to what I want to do, I gripped on the paper, dismantling it on the board.

I looked up with a smile on my face, only to cease when I saw a pair of eyes that were looking intensely at me from the second floor of the guild. It was our guild master.

"I always wonder why you rummage through the lower quest board than look at the better ones in this floor (y/n) (l/n)," Sting mused while he leaned in to the terrace. His clothes were neatly cleaned and his muscles were much more defined from the day I first saw him. I look back with a creased in my forehead, his hands were both on his cheeks as if he was looking sweetly at a child.

I scoffed. "It's none of your business," it never was. I turned away, not wanting to stray with this conversation longer but I halted when he said something else. "As the guild master, it is my business,"

My blood started to boil and thoughts about how to kill him had emerged in my imagination yet it quickly disperses when I lightly slap my cheek. 'Not now (y/n) (l/n),' without any other words to say, I flicked both of my fingers before I disappeared in his view, teleporting far away from him and the guild.