s e v e n

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟖
네 잘못이야 All Your Fault

×××

Taeyeon leans back against the wall, sitting with her arms and legs close to her body.

She has been in that position for hours, ignoring all the aching and numbness that runs through every muscle. Her wrists and ankles are red, but she doesn't mind that either. A heavy, dark weariness seems to have drawn all of her features downward. 

What's left in this world for her?

She has no one left to rely on. Neither to love nor to have hope. Things are starting to fall apart, and she hates to accept that. The initial desire of wanting to escape this misery has gone, and it feels better to sit alone in this dim, gloomy room.

The sudden squeak interrupts her thoughts. She throws her fatigue stare at the person who is stepping in, and once again, she meets those pair of cold brown eyes.

Baekhyun walks in with a bottle of water in his hand and puts it on the floor next to Taeyeon. His hand swiftly grabs Taeyeon's as he crouches down and unties the string, making her flinch.

Without any word, he sits across from her and fixes his gaze on his phone.

Taeyeon rubs her wrists and feet lightly, trying to ease the pain. She then carefully opens the bottled water, and a wave of relief hits her when she gulps it down.

Shortly, she returns to her original position, quietly staring at Baekhyun.

He has pale skin, a fit body, and black undercut hair like any other typical man. The mole on his right upper lip makes him look less intimidating than the other two.

"What are you staring at." Baekhyun glowered at her, jolting her out from the silent attention.

Taeyeon immediately throws her gaze on the floor.

"N-nothing."

He grunts over the reply. He wishes for things to go much faster than this. That Taejoon will come for this girl, and he could finish him off.

He keeps his stare on her. The fact that he didn't know how her brother looks like making the hatred linger more towards her.

Although he aware, she wasn't a part of any of it.

"Sorry," Taeyeon suddenly blurts out.

She doesn't know what drives her to say that, but she did. Her gaze slowly averts upward, meeting his eyes that are already staring at her.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened." She continues, "For things my brother has done to you and the other two."

She knew she had to apologize. Although she doesn't know how things turn out like this, but one still is at a fault.

Baekhyun scoffs, "Do you even know what your brother did?"

The question silenced her. No, she knows nothing. The figure she assumed she understood inside and out is just a familiar stranger in her life now.

"He killed my fiance."

Taeyeon gasps in disbelief.

Her palm quickly covers her slightly widened mouth. No way. There's no way her brother killed someone.

The gaze she throws at him that initially was filled with dread now merges with a wave of guilt and sympathy.

"Don't look at me with those eyes," He warns with unpleasantness. He recognizes those stares, and he hates being pitied over.

She swiftly glances down. A few moments of silence follow, putting them in an invisible tense situation. She wants to say something, but her tongue is tied, utterly lost of words.

Her voice shortly began to crack, "I'm sorry."

Again, those two words, and that's all. She can't seem to let out more than that, and her mind isn't working properly to find any comforting word.

To what degree is she allowed to utter? Even she is in a mess.

Baekhyun grunts as he looks away. Watching her somehow pisses him off.

"This isn't about you," Baekhyun mutters harshly, "Keep your sorry shit away from me."

He stands up, ignoring her silent misery, and walks out of the room.

×××

"When will that bastard come?" Baekhyun asks impatiently, referring the bastard to Taejoon.

It's only the second day, but this plan is already a pain in the ass.

"Not that fast, Baekhyun," Karl replies, sucking the cigar in between his fingers and exhales, releasing thick clouds of smoke in the air, "He'd come up with plans on how to get his sister back without having to give me the diamonds."

Baekhyun groans in disgruntled. Even after knowing his sister is in danger, he'd still think of diamonds? It's not a surprise but--

What a fucking scumbag.

"Which is why we have to change our plan," Karl adds, "We have to hide her."

Baekhyun draws a sluggish dissatisfying sigh, "Do we have to drag that woman everywhere?"

"She's our only bait," Karl firmly utters, "We can't lose her nor let her die. She will be precious to us."

He pauses, nicking off the ash of his cigar before he continues, "Do you think we would let her go after everything ends? Idiot, we shall sell her in return."

Baekhyun throws his gaze to Karl, "What are you talking about?"

As much as it is not a concern for him, but this wasn't even in the plan. He had only agreed to captive her until Taejoon came and surrendered. 

"This will double my profits, and no worries, you will receive half of it," Karl says with a mischievous grin, "Think back to what he had done to your fiance. Even selling her isn't enough."

Baekhyun remains silent, not into whatever across that devilish mind of Karl at all. He didn't think the plan would end up this far.

"Come on, Baekhyun. She's just a hostage."

×××

- To Be Continued. -