t w e n t y

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 21
Rewrite the Stars

×××

The mess, chaos and madness that happened quickly ends with the help that Baekhyun himself never aware of. All this while, Il-sung worked undercover with Karl to unveil his plans. He followed Baekhyun with all the kidnapping agenda and everything went too perfect that no one notices his secret mission.

Baekhyun heaves out his breath as he lays his body against the chair lumbar support. Things has fallen into its right piece and he can finally let his heart rest. It has been two whole years of finding and searching for someone to throw his rage on, it is honestly exhausting. But he's glad to finally catch them all, although the ending wasn't quite... satisfying. 

The sound of the squeaking door pulls Baekhyun's attention.

"Hey," Sungjin walks in and sits beside Baekhyun before he hands him the file in his possession, "Here's the full report. Everything is under control. You have nothing to worry now."

"Can I read though? I have quit-"

"Did anyone signed your resign letter?"

Baekhyun's lips slightly curls upwards. He reads everything thoroughly — from how undercover mission started to the kidnapping scene and finally, how the Blvck and Hustle are now both behind the bars.

"Thank you, Sungjin."

Baekhyun says as he looks at him right in the eye. Sungjin has been with him all along, he wouldn't be able to survive if its not because of him. This operation ain't easy. Since it was already handed over to other team, Sungjin must have fought the higher authority to gain back the right. 

"I told you," Sungjin pats Baekhyun on his shoulder, "I will never let you walk alone."

Baekhyun gives him another thankful simper.

"Only that you have to get back to that chair, and starts writing report."

"Oh please-"

Baekhyun groans as he heard the word report. Writing has never been his passion, especially when it comes to arranging words of what happened. Wish he could just make a vlog out of it.

"If you think it's suffering, imagine what Il-sung have to go through. He fired the gun."

Right...

"You've been resting for five days. Let's get back to work."

Sungjin then gets up, takes the file back from Baekhyun and almost walk out of the room before he finally remembers, "Oh!"

He takes a step back, "We sent the girl back to her home. The doctor let her go, but she doesn't looks good. Perhaps, if you know anyone that is close to her, give them a call."

×××

Baekhyun stands right in front of the tightly closed door with both of his hands in the respective side of  pockets. Although it is unseeable, but there are nervous fingers behind the jeans, wondering if it's the right decision to come here. There's a part of him telling how she wouldn't want to see his face, but there is a huge part of him wanting to see her despite that.

Taking a deep breath, Baekhyun's right arm finally makes a move and pushes the doorbell.

Within seconds, Taeyeon opens the door. As their eyes meet, he could see Taeyeon is taken aback by his presence and swiftly shuts the door before Baekhyun stops her.

He takes a step forward, blocking the door from closing using his body as he  sneaks his head in, "The police told me to be here."

Taeyeon let the door open, not wanting to waste her energy to someone she would lose to.

"I'm fine, I don't need it," Taeyeon resist. She had enough for the last days she had to spend very painfully with him. Now that everything has come to an end, they too, should ends.

"It's dangerous," Baekhyun says, looking so firm in his eyes despite the lies that utter out from his mouth.

Danger? What danger? Everyone is safe and sound behind the bars, they could walk freely even at nights.

But he needs excuses.

"Tell them to send another officer," Taeyeon replies, still standing with her words.

Baekhyun sighs. It was difficult for him to convince a woman since he's bad at it, and apparently, he's still is.

He takes another step forward, trying to lessen their distance as he looks at her.

"Just one day. I promise."

×××

Taeyeon heaves out a breath of frustration as she stands blankly in front of the pantry. She is almost 70% finish from moving on, yet here she is, stuck with him for another one day. 

Honestly, small part of her feel safe that someone is here. At least until she is totally sure that everything in control. But most of her don't want that somebody to be him.

She was wounded by his words and plus all the things that almost kill her? She won't recover that easily.

She still haven't accept the fact that she's all alone now and with Taejoon gone, her world slowly falls again like before. Like the day she lost her parents.

Out of all, it's hard for her to forgive Taejoon, but during their last encounter, Taeyeon could see how Taejoon regret everything in the glimpse of his eyes. When he was handcuffed, Taeyeon saw his lips uttered sorry and i love you, and that somehow warmed her.

And she knows, she couldn't blame him on everything. It is hard to carry a huge responsibility on one shoulder. 

"Hey," Baekhyun sudden voice behind her jolts Taeyeon out from her deep thought, "Sorry, you're taking so long back here. I was... worri.. wondering..."

Yeah fuck, whatever.

Taeyeon clears her throat, "Nothing. Take a drink, I don't know what to serve you."

She takes a step back, allowing more space for Baekhyun to enter the pantry but he doesn't. Instead, he touches her lower back and slightly pushes her forward, "No, it's okay. You choose."

Startled by the sudden touch, Taeyeon turns her body, almost stumble but Baekhyun quickly grasps her wrist, holding her close to him.

Seeing her this close, Baekhyun have zero intention to remove his hand. Somehow, it feels more comfortable to be in that position. His gaze travel to her features — eyes, nose, lips. They are all beautiful.

He wants to touch her, and tells her how he is sorry for everything that had happened because of him. But things quickly fall apart when Taeyeon breaks their silence and moves from his touch.

"Have a drink."

It's going to be hell of a ride, Baekhyun.

×××

- To be continued. -