f o u r t e e n

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟓
What A Time

×××

It has been two days since that night. Night in which for the first time in a thousand ones, he was able to sleep and rest like he used to. None of the traumatic images appear in his dreams, nor the voice of her last whimpers.

Everything was just peaceful.

He hasn't had a deep sleep like that in forever, and he almost didn't want to wake up. He has been distracted every time he closes his eyes but that night, it was...

calm.

It was strange, bizarre and everything that could explain oddness.

And the Friday night come as promised. Taeyeon and Baekhyun both wear outfits they randomly picked while doing the grocery that day. Taeyeon chooses to go with a simple, straight-cut flowery dress that looks nice and polite for elders to see, while Baekhyun just casually puts on a black shirt and jeans.

Although his face shows no interest to the dinner, Baekhyun still prepares a fruit basket and some desserts as gifts for the invitation.

Upon seeing Taeyeon still fixing her hair in front of the small mirror, Baekhyun grunts. He promptly unlocks the door and walks out without waiting for her.

Taeyeon quickly ties up her hair, sweeps her bangs to both sides, and follows him behind.

Soon after arriving at Granny's house that is only ten to fifteen steps away from theirs, Baekhyun knocks on the door a few times before the older man opens it.

"You're here," He welcomes us with a smile, "Come in, come in!"

Baekhyun bows, wearing his once again fake smile, and steps inside with Taeyeon close behind.

As they amble in, her eyes are awed by the pretty traditional interior design. Just like the usual scene on dramas, the house is full of minimalist wooden structures and not so full of decorative objects. Although it's simple, the place somehow feels warm and timeless.

"Come here!" Granny, who places a plate of what seems like rolls of kimbap on the low table, gestures both of them to sit.

Baekhyun then hands her the gifts he bought and takes place next to Grandpa on the floor, making Taeyeonsit beside Grannys.

"You shouldn't have brought this," Granny says, taking the gifts in her hands and placing them on the side table.

"You've cooked a lot." Taeyeon's eyes roam over the dishes on the table, "Sorry for troubling you."

"No-no!" Granny quickly denies, "I love doing this."

"Are you both from Seoul?" Grandpa suddenly asks.

"Yea," Baekhyun replies, "We're here only for two weeks. Then, we'll go back."

"Ah, so you're taking a short rest." The grandpa nods benignly. "Seoul must be a bustling city. The owner of the house you're staying hasn't come back for almost a year."

Yeah, as if.

Baekhyun just hums in response and smiles, "It's so hard for a living."

The words invite a slight chuckle and a pat from Grandpa, "Hearing that is already tiring for me. You've worked hard."