t e n

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟏
무릎 (Knees)

×××

The single house isn't that large and is furnished where everything can be seen as soon as they step in.

From the entryway, they came in two other doors on the left side of the house, facing the living room, which Taeyeon guesses are the bedrooms. Near the living room, an L-shaped table top separates the lounge area and the kitchen. 

Although they are covered by fine dust, the house still looks neat, as if it has been frequently cleaned. Taeyeon wraps her hand around the black backpack and closes the door behind her.

Baekhyun sits down by the couch and leans back. His body feels drained from not having a single rest since morning.

This is much more tiring than becoming an officer.

"Emm..," Taeyeon murmurs while standing by the door, too afraid even to budge, "Do I seriously get to change clothes and shower?"

It is apparent ever since Baekhyun tossed the backpack full of clothes on her lap but she had to ensure if she could usually act here. Now that she's technically a hostage, it would be weird for her to live freely.

Still, if that's what they want, it is much better than getting locked and tied up.

"Do I have to answer that?" Baekhyun grunts. He's already tired of having to drive this far. The slightest thing she can do is seal her mouth tight and not ask him obvious questions.

Taeyeon bites her lower lip as she nods slightly. She has more questions to ask, but before he curses the shit out of her, it's much better to figure things out by herself.

"Then, I'll go inside first," Taeyeon informs. Shortly, she halts her steps and ponders a while, uncertain which bedroom she should use. But looking at Baekhyun, who is already lying by the couch and has closed his eyes, she decides on the second room.

Before she could turn the doorknob, a sudden slow knock was heard on the front door. Her gaze immediately lays on Baekhyun, who already has his eyes opened.

"For fuck sake." She could hear him cusses under his breath as he walked up to unlock the door.

A small figure of a boy in his early teen appears as the door opens. His eyes roll upward, looking at Baekhyun unamusingly.

"I have to sleep late because of you," He says, sliding his hand in the back pocket before taking out a key, "The bedrooms are locked, but grandma only managed to find one of them."

He then takes Baekhyun's palm and plunges the key into it.

"Next time, if you want to use this house, please come earlier. I'm a teenager who needs to sleep early for school!" The boy shouts and left, leaving Baekhyun and Taeyeon both in puzzles.

Baekhyun stands with his lips forced in silence, frowning at the small boy. He was told that the house was taken care of by the next door, but he wasn't expecting any schoolboy to shout at him.

Taeyeon, who is secretly watching from behind, almost let out a giggle. 

Baekhyun groans in frustration as he slams the door. He turns his back and pitches the key towards Taeyeon, causing her to stumble as she tries to catch it.