t w e n t y - o n e

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 22
To You (소용돌이)

×××

The day quickly folds into a dark night and Baekhyun has been in that stiff sitting position for almost three hours. He keeps his head down the whole time, playing with his phone and preventing himself from making any movement that would cause her to be uncomfortable.

That is when Taeyeon clears her throat, making the first noise in the three hours worth of silence.

"I guess you'd manage your dinner by yourself right?"

She doesn't want to offer, let alone cook for him. It's hard enough for her to let him stay in this house, although it is for the sake of her safety, but it is not her 'duty' to treat him like a guest.

"Err, y-yeah—"

"Okay."

Taeyeon grabs her favorite literature that she has been missing, Shin Kyungsook's Violet and takes it with her to the second floor, straight to her room. When she closed the door, Taeyeon whirls and flings herself on her bed, face down, and began to heaves a great sigh.

Why can't she breathe in her own house?

Taeyeon feels herself suffocated whenever he is around. She could say that the reason is unknown but she wouldn't lie. She has been feeling it since the day Baekhyun saved her from getting sold to dirty bastard who wanted her for fun. Up until today, word thank you is never enough to express how she felt.

But again, he was the one who dragged her into that situation.

Everything could've gone in a different way if he look into things properly and not making rush decision to just throw his rage to anyone. Taeyeon faces upwards, looking up to the ceiling before she shuts her eyes firmly.

"Whatever! I don't care!" She lets it out.

"Taeyeon?" A familiar voice could be heard outside, knocking her door a few times before he burst in.

Surprised by his sudden barge, Taeyeon immediately sits up.

"Why were you screaming?"

"What? When? I'm not."

"You are."

"I said I'm not."

Baekhyun scans his eyes through the whole room, making sure there's no weird movement that could possibly cause a danger. After checking behind curtains and under her bed, Baekhyun nods his head in relief, "Okay, nothing."

"I told you," Taeyeon stands up, walking towards him who are only four feet apart, "Now you can go."

But Baekhyun's legs remain motionless as he looks at Taeyeon, "Can I talk to you?"

"No."

That was fast.

"Just for a while."

"No, Baekhyun."

It's been a while since he heard that name out of her lips. Baekhyun feels like there will be no other time for him to actually figure all things out with her, hence he steps forward and holds Taeyeon's hand in his.

"Please?"

Taeyeon immediately loosen his grip and free her palm from his touch, but it doesn't really help her escape when Baekhyun swiftly wraps his hand around her tiny waist and pulls her up on the white desk, making their eyes meet on the same level.

"What are you doing!"

Taeyeon pushes his chest from being near to her, yet Baekhyun resists. His both palms lay flat on the desk, locking Taeyeon from making any movement and jump down.

"I'm sorry for doing this, but I need to talk you."

Baekhyun talks with his firm tone. When she finally gives in, his voice starts to become more soothing as he speaks.

"I am sorry. With what I have done, with what I have said. I know I'm in no position to explain even a word but Taeyeon, I lost my woman. The one I once promised to love her with my whole life."

The moment he says 'my woman', Taeyeon could feel a glint of graze across her heart.

Jealous? Maybe. 

"The way she left wasn't the way I had in mind. She was killed, Taeyeon. Right in front of me. If anything could take her from me, murder wasn't one of it. Hence, I admit, I was driven by grudge and I'm so sorry for dragging you into this. I ruined your life, your family, and your right to know everything without having to go through this. I'm so sorry for making you miserable."

Baekhyun takes a breath.

"And for the things I said the other day," Baekhyun lowers his head, shutting his eyes before he gazes back at her, "I never meant it. I  didn't know what I felt at that time but what I know, I tried not to show you my true feelings. I'm afraid that I was wrong and you were simply confused. I don't want you to make mistake because once you hold my hand, I will make sure you won't let it go."

"I'm sorry for hurting you with my words that day. I never want to, hell I hate myself for that. You deserves everything, my precious. But this time, I won't let this chance pass again. I will say it."

Baekhyun stops as he leans closer and whispers against her lips, "I love you."

Within split seconds, his arm once again wraps round her slim waist, his lips reaches upon her brow, before she had time to consider what her answer ought to be.

"I will wait for you."

×××

- To be continued. -