1. Welcome to Hawkins

You're looking out the backseat window of your parents car as you see the "Welcome to Hawkins" sign. It's November of 1985, you've started your senior year of high school, but your parents decided to move you to not only a new town, but a new state. Something about your dad having a great new job opportunity. You're not sure if you'll ever forgive your parents for uprooting you during your last year of high school.

You suppose you can't be too upset, it's not like your life was great back where you're from. People often messed with you and called you a freak because you didn't dress like the typical teenage girl and you played D&D, which was, according to many of your classmates, a satanic cult. In reality, it was just a fun game that you were introduced to in middle school and it allowed you to escape from your reality, which you really liked. You had a few close friends that you played D&D with, but that was about it back home. You think that although you're being thrown into a new school, maybe you'll make some new friends.

The car slows down and you approach an average looking house. Your dad says, "Y/N, we're home!".

"Home?" you think to yourself. Your home was 200 miles away, but you put on a smile because you don't want to upset your parents.

You walk in and your mom says "Your room is upstairs on the right. Go ahead and get unpacked".

You head upstairs and open the first door on the right. You slowly start to unpack your things.

_____________________

A few hours go by, and you have most of your items unpacked. You decide to head downstairs to dinner and finish up afterwards.

As you're eating dinner, your mom asks, "Honey, are you excited for your first day at Hawkins High tomorrow?"

"Not really, but I'll survive. I always do".

"That's the spirit, Honey". Your mom says and smiles at you.

_________________________

At this point it's getting late and you decide to head to bed. Feeling a pit in your stomach because you are both anxious about and dreading the day tomorrow. You eventually drift off.

____________________________

Your alarm wakes you up with a jolt in the morning. You hop in the shower and put on your outfit for the day. You throw on one of your many band t-shirts, a pair of ripped jeans, and your trusty black leather jacket. You put in your bat wing earrings and apply red lipstick to your lips. You want to make sure that these Hawkins kids get an accurate impression of who you are on your first day.

You head downstairs to grab a quick breakfast of a strawberry poptart before you head out.

____________________________

Hawkins High was just a quick 10 minute walk from your new house

Hawkins High was just a quick 10 minute walk from your new house. You see your typical cliques of students heading into the school, the jocks, the band geeks, the popular girls, etc. One group though that catches your eye is a small group of all guys wearing matching t-shirts. Their shirts say "Hellfire Club" on them with a demon picture, some weapons, and what looks like D&D dice. One of the guys that is speaking the loudest, who seems to be the groups leader, had long curly brown hair and was wearing a denim vest. He was a beautiful man whose smile stood out to you. "The D&D guys don't look like this back home" you think to yourself.

After staring for an awkward amount of time, you realize what you're doing and quickly snap out of it and head into the building.

___________________________

You went to the main office and were told to wait while your tour guide arrived. A petite, pretty girl walked in and approached you. "Hi, are you Y/N? My name is Nancy, I'm your tour guide today".

Nancy began to walk you through the halls and was explaining the unspoken rules of Hawkins High. As you were walking, you passed two of the boys that were wearing the Hellfire Club shirts. "Hey Mike, Hey Dustin", Nancy said casually as we walked by them.

"Who were those guys in those shirts?" you asked Nancy.

"Oh, that was my brother Mike and his friend Dustin" she said.

"What was with the matching shirts?" you ask, trying not to make it obvious that you were interested in D&D.

"Yeah they are in this weird club called Hellfire where they play Dungeons and Dragons. They must be meeting tonight, that would explain the shirts".

"Yes!" you thought to yourself. This school had a D&D club! Maybe you will make some new friends. You didn't want to express to Nancy that you were excited about it, because you couldn't quite tell if she would be weirded out by your interest or not, so you just nodded and you two moved on with the tour.

________________________________

After your tour, you headed to your first class. It was English with a teacher named Ms. O'Donall. You were scanning for an open seat and found in the back of the classroom. As you walked up to the open seat, you saw the long haired man you saw earlier that morning in the seat to the right of the open one. You got butterflies in your stomach when you realized that you would be sitting next to him.

Ms. O'Donall walked in and when she saw you, she remembered to introduce you to the class as the new student, "Everyone, please welcome Y/N to Hawkins".

The long haired man leaned over to you and said with a smirk, "Welcome to Hawkins Y/N. I'm Eddie".

 I'm Eddie"