12. Movie Night

You arrived at the trailer park shortly before 7 o'clock and searched for the trailer that Eddie had scribbled directions to on a napkin at lunch. You walked up to the trailer and knocked on the door. The door swung open and there was Eddie looking down at you, "Welcome to my humble abode" he said while beckoning you in. 

Walking into the trailer, it was kind of what you expected. It was a bit messy, but it looked like Eddie had attempted to clean up a bit for you. The lighting was dim and it smelled of cigarettes. Definitely not your ideal space to watch a movie, but you were just happy to be spending time with Eddie. 

You were standing inside of the door and just looking around, not really sure where to go. Eddie looked at you and asked, "So what movie did you bring?". You held up Ghostbusters and Eddie let out a small laugh.

"What? It's a great movie!" you defended.

"I didn't say it wasn't!" Eddie replied. "It just makes me laugh that you would pick out such a nerdy movie".

"I'll take that as a compliment" you said in a sassy tone. Eddie just looked at you and smiled. He grabbed the movie out of your hands and put it into the VHS player. You made your way over to the couch and sat down. After putting the movie in, Eddie took a seat right next to you, not leaving much room between the two of you.

As you were watching the movie, the small amount of space between you and Eddie lessened to the point where eventually your thighs were touching. Your heart started beating faster and you were having a hard time focusing on the movie. Eddie then pulled such a cheesy move. He yawned, stretched, and then rested his arm on you. You couldn't believe it, Eddie seemed to feel the same way about you. You weren't sure how to react so you just stayed still and continued to watch the movie without acknowledging his calloused hand on your shoulder. 

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Eddie breathed out an annoyed sigh and got up to head to the door. "Do you want me to pause it?" you asked.

"Nah, you just keep watching" Eddie replied.

You tried to continue to watch the movie, but you couldn't help trying to eavesdrop on the conversation happening at the door.

When Eddie opened the door you heard a man's voice speaking. It seemed frantic and desperate. 

"I told you not to come here for this" you overheard Eddie say in a stern tone. "I need you to leave. Meet me in the forest behind the school tomorrow".

You turned down the TV a bit in hopes of hearing more of what was being discussed.

"I really need it man, please!" the stranger's voice said.

After a few minutes of contemplation, you heard Eddie sigh, "fine". He then walked back in, grabbed something out of the room in the back of the trailer and headed back to the door. Eddie looked at you with both apologetic and embarrassed eyes. He did some sort of exchange with the stranger and then somberly came back into the trailer and sat down. 

"So, uh, what was that all about you?" you probed

"Nothing to worry about" was Eddie's response.

No satisfied with this answer, and already piecing together the puzzle, you asked, "Do you deal, Eddie?".

There was a long silence and Eddie put his face in his hands. He finally seemed to get up the courage to say, "Look, I totally get it if you don't want to hang out anymore. But yeah, it's what I do to get by." Eddie didn't make eye contact with you as he said this. You could tell he was waiting for your rejection.

You thought about how to respond. You definitely weren't psyched about the idea of hanging out with a drug dealer, but crushed make you do and say stupid things. "I can't say I agree with it, but I respect your choices and can't tell you how to live your life. I like you too much to stop hanging out with you over it". As you said this, you could feel your face getting warm and blood flushing to your cheeks.

"I like you too, Y/N" Eddie said now looking right at you. "And not in a friend kind of way", Eddie added as he scratched the back of his head. Eddie Munson likes you back. You felt like you were in a dream. You couldn't believe what had just happened. Eddie cleared his throat and asked shyly, "So should we finish the movie?".

"Sure" is all you could muster up to say. You both returned to the position you were in before you had been rudely interrupted by the stranger. You watched the remainder of the movie in pure bliss, just thinking about all the possibilities you had with Eddie.