2. Hellfire Club

"I like your earrings" Eddie says to you.

"Thanks" you reply with a smile. You could tell that you started to blush so you immediately turned back to the front of the class. Although class had begun, you could feel Eddie's gaze upon you. You felt butterflies in your stomach.

Throughout the rest of the class, you tried to stay focused, but could not stop thinking about Eddie. You only just met the guy, but it was as if he cast a spell on you. Eventually the bell rang for you to head to your next class.

________________________

You were actually looking forward to your next class. It was the one elective that you were able to choose, Music Appreciation. As you cautiously walked into the classroom, you say Eddie sitting on the floor. You immediately got butterflies again. "How lucky am I?" you thought to yourself. The other students were also sitting on the floor; it seemed like a pretty chill class. You made eye contact with Eddie and he patted the open floor next to him signaling for you to sit by him.

Eddie's eyes never left you as you made your way over to the floor. You sat down and decided to make conversation. "What's the Hellfire Club?" you ask.

"Oh!" Eddie says as he looks down and touches his shirt. "It's a D&D club that I lead with some of my friends, but a pretty girl like you probably doesn't even know what D&D is".

You blushed and responded, "I actually love D&D, I played it quite often with my friends back home".

"No way" Eddie said with an admiring look on his face. You could tell that he was impressed, yet still had some doubts about your ability to play.

"Do you have any openings in your party for another member?" you ask hopefully

"Well we are actually looking for a sub for tonight. One of our members has joined the dark side and is playing in a basketball game tonight and can't make it. Would you want to join?"

"I would love that!" you express excitedly.

"Well I'll have to run it by the guys first. I'm not sure how they'll feel about a girl in the group. Why don't you join us at lunch and we can talk then?" Eddie says.

"Looking forward to it" you reply.

______________________

Lunch eventually came and you made your way to the busy cafeteria. "I sure am glad Eddie invited me to sit with him" you think to yourself. This cafeteria was packed and you could tell that there were unassigned assigned seats. Only certain groups and people could sit at certain tables and if you sat in the wrong spot, you would definitely be questioned and ridiculed.

After getting your lunch that you just barely be considered food from the lunch line, you spotted Eddie and carefully made your way over to his table. There was an open spot at the end of the table opposite of Eddie where you sat down.

All of the guys immediately look at you questioningly. "Guys, this is Y/N, the sub I was telling you about".

"And you're sure she knows how to play?" one of the boys asked condescendingly.

"Yeah, and probably better than you." I respond sassily.

"Easy now, sweetheart" Eddie says to you. "She's the best we got, so unless any of you can come up with a better sub, she will be at Hellfire tonight". Clearly none of the boys had a better idea because they all just looked down, defeated. You felt accomplished.

The rest of the lunch conversation consisted of D&D talk, complaints about teachers and classmates, and a burping contest that you happened to win which seemed to get the guys more comfortable with the idea of you joining the party.

_____________________

The remainder of the school day seemed to drag on. Your classes were fine, but you were so excited and anxious for tonight which caused the time to tick by slowly.

Finally, the last school bell of the day rang and you were able to head home to get ready for Hellfire Club tonight.