16. Grounded

The kisses that had started off as gentle and soft, soon became passionate and aggressive. That's when Eddie's hands started to wander. You weren't ready for this. It's not that you didn't want it, but you wanted to take things slow. You wanted to be sure of what you and Eddie were before you crossed a bridge that you couldn't come back from. 

You pulled away and looked into Eddie's brown eyes, "What are we doing, Eddie?".

"Um, I'm pretty sure we're making out" Eddie joked.

"That's not what I mean... What are we doing together? Are we friends, messing around, boyfriend and girlfriend, or something else?" you asked.

"Oh, you mean you're not my girlfriend?" Eddie asked sarcastically.

"Come on Eddie, I'm being serious" you urged.

Eddie looked at you dead in the eyes and said, "I'm being serious too".

You took a long pause, not knowing what to say to that. Finally, you looked into Eddie's eyes and said "Ask me."

"Ask you what?" Eddie questioned.

"To be your girlfriend" you said frankly.

Eddie gave you a little smirk and took a deep breath in before saying to you, "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

You returned Eddie's smirk and said, "Only because you asked so nicely". You winked at him and the two of you snuggled together. You laid there in each other's arms until you both slowly drifted off to sleep in the comfort of each other's embrace. 

__________________

You jolted awake, something must have woken you up from outside. You grabbed Eddie's wrist to look at the time on his watch, 2:17am. Shit, shit, shit!

You shook Eddie awake, "Eddie! You gotta drive me home! My parents are gonna kill me!" you shouted. Eddie mumbled something and curled back into the bed. "Eddie!!"

"Okay, I'm awake!" Eddie grumbled.

"We gotta go!" you exclaimed.

You and Eddie got into his van, panic and anxiety running through your body. You were sure your mom was worried sick and you didn't want to think about what was going through your dad's mind.

Still half asleep, Eddie dropped you off at home. You quietly unlocked the door and went inside. Almost immediately a nearby lamp turned on. You turned to see your mom, in her pajamas, sitting in the living room staring at you. "Where have you been?" she asked sternly.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I was with Eddie, we fell asleep and I lost track of time" you said apologetically.

Your mom let out a long sigh and said to you, "Y/N, I'm glad that you have found people that you get along with, but you can't let that affect your judgement. Running out of the house, not calling is, this isn't like you".

She was right, this wasn't like you. You felt the guilt building up, but you were still on the defense. "You don't need to worry about me, mom" you explained.

"I'm your mother, Y/N, I don't have a choice" she said in reply.

With tears welling up in your eyes, you finally gave in and said, "I'm sorry mom, it won't happen again". You began to walk up to your room, but your mom stopped you.

"You're not getting off that easy" she said, "you're grounded for two weeks".

"Two weeks?!" you complained.

"No discussions. And you better apologize to your father in the morning" your mother added.

You rolled your eyes and said in disagreement, "That's not happening".

Your mom wasn't having it, "Oh yet it is, otherwise I'm telling him that you were sleeping at Eddie's and you know he won't like that".

"You're really gonna blackmail me?" you asked astonished.

"If it makes you rethink your actions, then yes" she said seriously.

"This is bullshit!" you said out of frustration. You stomped up to your room, your mother watching you with disappointment.

______________

The next morning, you couldn't muster up the mental energy or strength to get out of bed. You laid under your blankets just staring at the ceiling fan thinking about everything that had happened yesterday afternoon and last night. You were definitely feeling overwhelmed with the highs and the lows of the last twenty four hours.

Your mom had knocked on your door multiple times, trying to get you up, but you just ignored her. You had locked the door so you wouldn't be bothered. Clearly not being successful in her attempts, your mom had asked your dad to try to get you up. He knocked on the door, but wasn't as nice. He started ranting and rambling on about respect, behavior, and kids these days. You tuned him out.

It was almost noon and you hadn't moved much. Another knock came, "go away" you yelled.

"You're gonna speak to your boyfriend that way?" you heard Eddie say through the door. What the hell was Eddie doing here?!  you wondered. You jumped out of bed and unlocked your door, welcoming Eddie in.

"What are you doing here?" you asked with both concern and happiness.

Eddie said strangely, "Your mom actually called me, asking me to come over. She mentioned something about you being stubborn and needing help".

You were mortified. "I'm sorry she bothered you to come deal with me" you said to Eddie.

Eddie wasn't having your apology, "Hey, yesterday I said I'd always be here for you, I meant it. I'm happy to come over, even when it's your mom that requests it". He let out a light chuckle when he said that last part of his statement. 

Pretty soon Eddie was able to convince you to get up, shower, eat something, and drink some water. Once Eddie was satisfied that you had taken care of yourself, the two of you sat down in the living room on the couch. Your dad turned off the TV and turned to face the two of you, "Your mother said you had something to say to me Y/N" he said.

With great hesitation, you finally responded, "I'm sorry I left yesterday... It was wrong of me to leave and be out so late".

Your dad contemplated your response for a bit and then dryly said, "Apology accepted". You thought that was the end of it when you dad went on to ask, "So, are you two going steady?".

You gulped and then looked at Eddie. Eddie responded for both of you, "Yes, sir".

"Well, Mr. Munson, I may not trust you, but I trust my daughter. That means that I need to trust her judgement and accept that you two are together. You treat her right, and if I found out you're not, you're not going to like the consequences".

"Understood, sir" Eddie responded politely.

Your jaw dropped. Your dad just gave you and Eddie his blessing to go out. You were actually shocked that he trusted you. Eddie wasn't on your dad's good side, but at least you hoped there would be less tension.

Your dad turned the TV back on, but before returning to his show said, "And you're still grounded Y/N".