20. Corroded Coffin

Your Thanksgiving break was, to your disappointment, extremely uneventful. With Eddie being busy with his uncle, Hellfire, and his not-so legal business, you were on your own. After talking with Eddie a bit more the other day, all of your worries about your relationship were alleviated. He reassured you that he was just as upset as you were about not being able to spend the time with you that you were requesting. 

Sometimes you really wished that your brain didn't work the way it did. It made your life so much more difficult than it needed to be. You knew that it was holding you back in different ways, but you didn't know what to do about it. You were just grateful that Eddie understood that your mind worked different than others and that it sometimes sabotaged you.

_______________

You really hadn't seen Eddie much at all over break, so on Monday morning when he picked you up, you ran up to him and he grabbed you in his arms. Feeling his arms around you and breathing in his smell was pure heaven. He gave you a quick kiss on your forehead and you both got in his van to head to school.

While chatting at your locker before classes started, Eddie proposed an idea to you, "So I was thinking, I really want you to come see Corroded Coffin perform. We're performing tomorrow night at The Hideout downtown. You think you can make it?"

Your face lit up, "Yes, definitely!". Ever since you found out that Eddie was in a band, you wanted to see him perform. "It's a school night, so I'll have to beg my mom, but I'll make it happen" you assured.

"Great" Eddie said happily.

_______________

When you got home, you politely approached your mom, "Hey mom, so Eddie's band is performing tomorrow night and I was hoping I could go?"

"Y/N, tomorrow is a school night, you know I don't like you out late" your mom replied.

"I know, but I really want to support him and I promise I'll still get all of my homework done and wake up on time for school on Wednesday" you said trying to convince your mom to let you go.

After a few moments of contemplation, your mom finally agree, "Okay, but if I hear that you are sleeping in class or that you having a missing assignment then you're going to be ground again."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" you exclaimed while giving your mom an excited hug. You ran up to your room to call Eddie and tell him the good news.

"Yes! I'm excited to have someone there listening other than the typical five drunks" Eddie joked. 

______________

During school on Tuesday, you were hyper-focused. You tried your very best to get all of your work done within your classes so that you could keep your promise to your mom. You were mostly successful in your efforts and only had one small assignment to complete when you got home.

Staring at your closet, you had no idea what to wear to Eddie's gig tonight. You wanted to wear something that would match the vibe, what honestly weren't quite sure what that was. Eventually, you decided on a Metallica t-shirt, black jeans, and your leather jacket. You added some eyeliner, lipstick, and your bat earrings that Eddie liked. 

Because Eddie had to get there early to set up, your mom ended up giving you a ride. "And Eddie is going to drive you home after?" your mom asked as she pulled up to the venue.

"Yes, mom" you said, "I'll try to call if something comes up and I'll be out later, but I promise I'll be home before midnight".

"You better be" your mom stated. You got out of the car, and before closing the door your mom added, "Be safe honey, love you".

"Love you too mom, thanks for the ride" and then you were shutting the door and walking into The Hideout.

Eddie wasn't kidding when he said they only had a crowd of five drunks. There was hardly anyone inside, but you saw Eddie and the other guys up on the small stage. You waved and found a table to sit at.

Eddie walked up to the microphone and said, "Hey Hideout, we're Corroded Coffin, as you know, and uh, get ready to rock!". He was so cheesy and awkward, but you were so happy to be here to see them perform.

You were pleasantly surprised as the band started playing, they sounded pretty good! Better than you thought they would actually. Watching Eddie play his guitar was mesmerizing. You wanted to watch the whole band, but you had a hard time taking your eyes off of Eddie's hands moving over the guitar with ease. You watched as he bobbed his head up and down to the music and gave it his all. In that moment, you admired him so much and had never been more attracted to him. 

The band performed on and off over the next two hours, taking short breaks here and there. During the breaks, Eddie would come and talk to you and couldn't stop raving over how great it was to have you there. You could tell that it really meant a lot to him that you were there.

After the band was done performing, while they were cleaning up, you walked up onto the stage and congratulated all of them on a job well done. All of the other members of Corroded Coffin were Hellfire guys and they all seemed happy that you had come out to see them perform. It had just been a really great night and you were so pleased. You really needed a good night like this.

After loading up his gear, you and Eddie climbed into his van. Before you could even buckle up, Eddie leaned over, put his hands on your face and neck, and started kissing you. You returned his kisses through a smile. "Eddie" you tried to say, "I gotta get home so my mom doesn't ground me".

"Come on, I'll make it worth it" he insisted.

"I'm serious Eddie, I just got back on my mom's good side and my dad is starting to come around to the idea of us dating. I don't want to ruin it." you insisted right back.

"Okay, sweetheart, but we really need to spend some more quality alone time together" Eddie said with a wink. Eddie turned on the car, put it in gear, and you were off.