26. Christmas

After your standoff with Jason in the cafeteria, things had calmed down. There were no more glares or threats from him or the other basketball players and you even noticed that the number of times Eddie was called a freak had gone down. Your threat to Jason seemed to have work and standing up to him seemed to have earned you some respect from your peers.

Although things had calmed down on that front, the weeks leading up to Christmas were very busy. You and Eddie seemed to be spending almost all of your free time together. It helped that your dad seemed to approve of him more after learning that he stood up for you to Jason. Schoolwork, Hellfire, and hanging out with Robin filled whatever time you had outside of Eddie.

With Christmas just around the corner, you had been brainstorming ideas for a gift for Eddie. You didn't have a lot of money to spend, so you decided to make him something. A few nights ago, you had stolen a guitar pick from Eddie's room without him knowing. Taking it home, you painted yours and his initials on it and attached it to a chain. He was either going to love it, or think it was sickeningly cheesy. It was a risk you were going to have to take since you were running out of time to figure out another gift. 

______________

Christmas Eve finally arrived. Eddie was planning on spending Christmas Day with his uncle so your mom invited him over to spend Christmas Eve with your family. You were looking out your bedroom window waiting for him to arrive, the streetlight lighting up the snow-dusted street below. Eddie's van pulled up outside and you rushed downstairs to greet him. 

Opening the door, Eddie greeted you with a "Merry Christmas sweetheart" and a warm smile. He would have hugged you, but his hands were full carrying a medium box wrapped in newspaper and a tray of cookies. 

Hearing Eddie arrive, your mom came over to greet him, "Merry Christmas Eddie".

"Merry Christmas Mrs. Y/L/N. I brought cookies" he added while passing the try to your mom.

"How sweet of you" she replied and took the tray into the kitchen.

Eddie turned to look at you, "And this is for you" he said as he passed you the box.

You took the box and smiled, "I have something for you too" you said excitedly. Grabbing his hand, you lead him up to your room where you had his gift. You handed him a small box that was wrapped up with a ribbon. Both of you sitting on your bed holding your gifts, you say to Eddie "You can go first".

Eddie carefully untied the ribbon and opened the small box. Looking at the guitar pick, a big smile grew across his face. He looked at you, "I love it! Help me put it on?". Eddie turned around and held up his hair so you could put the chain around his neck. After it was secured, he stood up, displayed the new necklace, and said, "It's perfect, don't you think?"

 After it was secured, he stood up, displayed the new necklace, and said, "It's perfect, don't you think?"

You nodded your head in agreement, grateful that he loved it. Before sitting back down beside you, he gave you a quick kiss. "Your turn" he said gesturing to the newspapered box. You ripped open the newspaper and took the lid off the box. Looking into the box, you saw a white t-shirt with black lettering that said "Corroded Coffin".

Before you were able to react, or even take the shirt out of the box, Eddie said "I figured Corroded Coffin's biggest fan should have some band merch. I, uh, designed the logo myself. Do you like it?".

"Are you kidding me? I love it!" you said while taking it out of the box, "I'll wear it all the time with pride".

Eddie gave you a huge smile and a sweet kiss to follow. Both of you admiring your gifts, you heard your mom call up the stairs, "Dinner is ready you two".

You walked downstairs, hand-in-hand, and enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner with your family. This was definitely your favorite Christmas to date.