25. Something Stupid

Waking up Monday morning, you reluctantly got out of bed. You spent the last 24 hours worrying about and obsessing over what was going to happen on Monday when you walked into school and saw Jason, knowing that whatever was going to happen wasn't going to be good. 

When you got into Eddie's van this morning, you could tell that he too was worried about what was to come. "Promise me you won't do anything stupid today, Eddie" you said seriously.

"I'll try my best" he said earnestly, and then added, "Same to you". You nodded in agreement.

Pulling into the school parking lot, you both exited his van cautiously. Although it probably wasn't true, you felt like everyone was watching the two of you as you walked into Hawkins High. You were sure that rumors about what Eddie and Jason did on Friday had spread, things like that tend to move quickly through small towns. 

"Good for you, Munson" you heard some random kid yell as you passed him in the hall. Others were not so nice, giving Eddie glares or unsavory gestures with their hands. The day was not off to a great start to say the least. 

Eddie walked you to your locker, but before you could even enter your combination, Robin came running over, "Y/N, Eddie, is it true? Did you beat the shit out of Jason?!".

Eddie raised his hand and said "guilty".

"Holy shit" Robin replied in shock. "What happened?" she asked, wanting to know more of the gossip.

You and Eddie looked at each other, and then you said somewhat jokingly "He was defending my honor".

"How...sweet?" Robin said, still somewhat confused about what must have happened. "Well I'm sure he had it coming, so good for you Eddie". The bell then rang signaling to get to class, so you said bye to Robin and headed to English with Eddie. 

Sitting in your classes throughout the morning, both you and Eddie received stares. Even without Eddie next to you in some classes, you could tell that people were talking about you, the girlfriend of the guy that beat up Jason. 

You hadn't seen Jason yet, but you had heard his pretty face had definitely been busted up a bit, rumor having it that he even needed some stitches. Since Jason still hadn't reported Eddie or pressed charges, you were hopeful that maybe everything came to it's peak on Friday night and that Jason would move on. However, when you saw him in the cafeteria at lunch, you knew that wasn't the case. 

Jason looked like he was fuming. Pure hatred was in his eyes when you looked over at him after setting your tray down to eat. Eddie gave you a reassuring smile, but his eyes weren't in it, he had clearly seen Jason too. That's when an unexpected guest ran over to you and Eddie.

"Sinclair? What are you doing over here, didn't you join the dark side?" Eddie asked Lucas

"Look, I'm sorry about Hellfire, but we can talk about that later, you two need to get out of here. Jason is pissed and is planning on finishing what you guys started on Friday" Lucas said with true concern in his eyes. 

Eddie reacted to this as if it was no big deal, "Sweet, I'll gladly skip my afternoon classes". Looking over to you now, "Y/N?", Eddie says trying to get you to agree to leave with him.

Part of you wanted to go with Eddie, it would be fun to be rebellious and run off together for the afternoon. However, another part of you wasn't about to let some douchebag control your life. You stood up, "I'm dealing with this" you said very matter-of-factly. You began to walk towards Jason's table when Eddie grabbed your wrist, turning you around.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" he asked with worry in his eyes.

"Something stupid" you replied and broke free of his grip on your wrist.

As you got closer to Jason's table, he stood up, ready to face whatever this was going to be. "What? Your coward of a boyfriend too scared to face me?" he mocked. People were now turning in their seats and forming a circle around the commotion to see what was happening, Eddie and the rest of Hellfire along with them. 

Before Jason could even process what was happening, your fist was making contact with his already beaten up face. Being knocked back a few steps, he looked up at you with angry eyes, "You bitch!" he yelled.

"Let's make things abundantly clear," you addressed Jason, "you stay away from me. You stay away from Eddie. And if you don't, I won't hesitate to report that you and the rest of the basketball team are frequent customers of Eddie's". You have no idea what came over you, you've never done anything like this, but it felt good. You felt powerful. 

Just as Jason was about to say something, Principal Higgins broke through the crowd, "What's going on here?" he demanded.

Without taking his glare off of your eyes, Jason responded to the principal, "Nothing, just settling a disagreement".

"Well then, break it up" he said as he motioned everyone to return to their lunches. You were so thankful that Principal Higgins hadn't shown up one minute earlier otherwise you would definitely be on your way to his office. And with Jason not reporting you, you took that as him accepting your demands.

You walked back over to your lunch table, sat down, and returned to eating your lunch. Putting his arm around your shoulders, Eddie yelled out to the rest of the table, "I'm dating a fucking badass!"