Chp. V - Study Date Pt. I

Well the day is going well for very one else, Zed is not having that much of a good day. The aliens have outranked him in his class and in sports.

'This can not be happening!' He thought as A-Ri walks up beside him.

"Greetings, Zed and Bonzo. You two seem troubled. May I ask what is wrong?" The alien asked. Zed looked at her annoyed.

"Your friends have outranked me in my class and your brother is beating my high scores! I'm not ok!" He yelled. A-Ri was about to say something until her brother came over with a confident smile on his face.

"Yes, being better than others is very enjoyable!" He said happily. Zed scoffed as A-Spen and A-Li join in on the conversation.

"Hey, aliens. You are ruining my chances to get into Mountain College!" He yelled.

"Oh! I do not like this conflict" A-Li said nervously.

"Cannot wait to leave this discord" A-Lan said looking at her. A-Ri felt her heart dropped. Even if Earth is weird, she didn't want to leave the new friends she had made behind, especially Wyatt.

"Yeah, okay, so then why don't you just go back to your own planet?" Zed asked, annoyed.

"Because it was destroyed! We don't have a home" A-Spen told him as they begin to crying.

"Now look what you did" A-Ri said, looking at the zombie. Now, Zed felt awkward.

"Uhh...I-I'm so sorry. I'm sorry! I really am. You know, as tough as things have been for zombies, we've always had Zombietown" Zed sighed as he looked at the aliens.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked them. They all looked at him, surprised.

"You would help us?" A-Spen asked as they stopped crying. Zed scoffs and nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"With our Luna Lenses, we proved all the minds of Seabrook." A-Ri said, as she eats her food. The food isn't as good as the lollipops were.

"Mind probes? Why would you do that?" Zed asked. The aliens panicked for a second. He can't learn about their mission.

"To learn about, cheer, obviously, cheer!" They all said at the same time. Zed chuckled.

"Okay, but what about people's privacy? I mean, you can't just scan people's—Hey, what is that?!" Zed asked as he looked at A-Lan lens.

"Oh, your biology teacher's brain scan." He told him.

"Is that my test?" Zed asked shocked.

"A D+?! That is–ouch" He said with a groan.

"I could beat that easily" A-Lan said with Zed nodding at him.

"You were unfairly marked. Your answers correctly highlight the purpose of brains for zombies" A-Spen told him.

"Your teacher not understand zombie culture" A-Ri said as she smiled at A-Spen and Zed.

"That's the grade you should have gotten" A-Lan said as he should Zed that he would have gotten a B- instead of a D+. Zed was impressed by their technology.

"Yes! Just like that? Thank you!" Zed said excitedly. A-Spen looked up at him.

"So there is something you can do for us." They took out the lens and show Zed the image of the moonstone.

"This image appears in many scans, what is it?" They asked.

"That is the moonstone. It is the most precious thing in Seabrook. It's the life force for werewolves." Zed told them. The group looked at each other excited. They have found the most precious thing in Seabrook!

"Instrumomo!" They all said.

"But stay away from it!, because the werewolves won't let any outsiders near the moonstone" Zed told them.

"Zed, You are so caring!" A-Spen said as they gave Zed a big hug. Zed groans at the hug.

"Zed, we shall reward your help by improving your application." A-Lan said with a smile.

"It's not rocket science, but knowing rocket science won't hurt" A-Li said as Zed chuckled.

"What does that expression mean?" A-Ri asked.

"It means that the universe has sent me an intergalactic alien dream team to help get this zombie into college!" He yelled as he raised his hand up for a high five but A-Lan only looked at him confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This looks really good. How'd you get the application done so fast?" Zed's other best friend, Eliza, asked. Eliza is at a internship at Z-Corp, maker of the Z-Band to help the zombies to not zombie out. She couldn't be there in person to help Zed but she made a device to help communicate with him from her internship.

Zed laughs as he raps his arm around A-Ri's shoulder slightly so he wouldn't get zap.
"I got friends in high places, what can I say?" He joke, making A-Ri smile.

"Well, we're always happy to help our zombies friends in need!" She told him.

"This is huge. Zed, you did it! All thanks to A-Ri and the aliens" Eliza said. A-Ri looked at the computer device and smile at Eliza.

"Thank you, I was glad to help" She told her.

"And all I have left is the home interview for Mountain College" Zed said looking nervous.
"Zombie-kind is depending on you" Eliza said to Zed.

"Yeah, it's all on me. No pressure" He said as the trio joked around, leaving A-Ri alone with her thoughts.

"A-Ri?" The alien looked up to her joy, sees Wyatt walking toward her.

"Hello, Wyatt. What brings you out here on this sunny day?" She asked. Wyatt smiled softly at her.

"Just going for a walk. I heard you helped Zed with his application to college" He said and she chuckled.

"Oh it's nothing, just want to help. Our alien technology mostly helped him." She told him. He scoffed.

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't underestimate wolf tech" He said as he took of his moonstone and swing it around. Wyatt looked around and looked back at A-Ri.

"Hey, I was thinking, um, maybe we could have like, like a, you know study date or something?" He asked nervously. Her eyes widen as she feels her heart pounding.

"Oh, I would love that! I'm available tonight since practice doesn't start until tomorrow!" She said excitedly. Wyatt smiles.

"Ok then, tonight at Coach's Froyo at 6:00, I'll see you then" He said with a wink.

A-Ri squealed in happiness as the same feeling from the police station and earlier today came back to her. Her heart raced as her cheeks glow red once again. But, there's only one problem.

She has no idea what a study date is...