Chp. VIII - True Love

"You lost your necklace?! And now the wolf has it?!" A-Li yelled, making A-Ri feeling worse about herself.

"I didn't mean to lose it! I didn't even known until we got back on the ship!" A-Ri yelled back.

"But the wolves now know it was us who was investigating the moonstone" A-Lan said trying to calm things down but didn't help.

"Listen, we'll talk about this later. We need to find the map for our new home!" A-Spen said calmly.

As the argument dies down, the aliens started to hear voices. A-Li light up her Luma Lens as they all run out of A-Ri's chamber.

"Beware, Intruders!" A-Spen yelled as A-Li shines her light at the intruders, but realized it's only Addison and Zed.

"Addison? Zed? How did you guys get beamed up?" A-Ri asked. The couple looked at each other confused.

"We don't know. Zed and I were talking until we get beamed up." She told her.

"Well, we have no choice but to welcome you"

"Vaporize you!"

The aliens looked at A-Li surprised.

"Really?" A-Ri asked annoyed.

"Oh! Right, welcome you I mean!" The alien girl said nervously. The aliens walk into the control room where Zed and Addison follow.

"You guys have a wonderful home!" Addison said, amazed bu their ship.

"It is a marvelous ship, but it is not our home." A-Lan told her, looking down.

"Our planet was destroyed by environmental blight built up over many years." A-Ri said, looking at Zed and Addison.

"What? Over years? Didn't anyone try to stop it?" Addison asked as her and Zed looked around the ship.

"No. And we lost everything. No one spoke up. That would have led to disagreements. We value harmony" A-Spen said with a soft smile.

"And we will remain one people in harmony at any cost" A-Li said, annoyed. A-Ri rolled eyes. Sometimes, they're harmonious.

All of a sudden, Zed's phone started to ring.

"Oh that's me, hold on" He said as he answers his phone. He turned around and looked at A-Ri.

"It's Wyatt, he wants to talk to you." A-Ri looked at him confused as she grabbed his strange device.

"You just put it to your ear and talk through it" He whispered to her and she nodded.

"Hello?" She asked. She can hears Wyatt's breathing on the other end. These devices are amazing to her.

"Met me in Zombietown, we need to talk...alone." Wyatt told her in a serious voice that made her nervous.

"Ok. When?" She asked.

"Right now" He said. A-Ri sighed and slightly nodded her head.

"Ok, I'll see you there" She said with a soft smile. Wyatt didn't say anything and hang up on her. A-Ri handed Zed back his phone and left the control room.