Chp. IX - Exceptional Zed

When A-Ri returned to the ship, she immediately walked towards her chamber and slammed the door so hard, the sound echoed within the ship.

"It sounds like A-Ri is feeling the emotion of anger" A-Spen said looking at A-Lan. He sighed and nodded.

"I will check on her." He said as he made his way to her room.

"A-Ri, are you ok?" A-Lan asked as he knocked on her door.

"Go away please!" She yelled. A-Lan sighed and lead against the door frame.

"I have news for you. We found the location to the map. It's in the Seabrook Cup. We also learned that The Scout Leader is Addison's grandmother." He told her through the door. A-Ri opens up the door and looks at her brother.

"The Scout Leader is her grandmother? Making her part alien" She said. A-Lan smiled with a nod but his smile soon faded.

"Yes, put she doesn't have our stardust spark."
"I'm sure her powers will come soon, when is the the championship?"

"Tomorrow night." He told her.

"Good. The moment we win that cup, the sooner we can leave this planet." She said as she began to walk away.

"I thought you liked it here. Including the people."

"That was just a distraction."

"I know you love him, A-Ri. And you can't deny it" A-Ri stops walking and looks back at her brother.

"I thought I did" She told him. Her brother shock his head.

"And you still do. I know you do." He said to her, as tears began to fall on her face.

"Why does love hurt, brother? I want this pain in my chest to stop." She cried. The alien walked toward his sister and wrapped his arms around her, tight. Letting her cry in his chest.

"I did some research about love. I learned that when you learn to love another person, the feeling of pain comes with it. But once you talk with one other, the pain will slowly heal into love once again." He said, holding her close. A-Ri chuckled.

"When did you get well with your words?" She asked, making her brother smile. He laughed.

"I study the humans. But, I'm still me"

"Yes, you are. I love you, Big Brother" She said as A-Lan wiped his sister's tears.

"I love you too, Little Sister. Now, let's get ready for cheer and beat everyone in there!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While in Zombietown, a big crowd gather around as they planned for Zed's big day, His home recruit interview with Mountain College, his last chance to get into college with Addison.

"Attention, everyone! If Zed can prove that monsters are exceptional, doors will be open for all of us!" Eliza said, getting everyone's attention.

"All right, everybody. Listen up! We only get one shot. Zed's interviewer, Mrs. Crabtree, is gonna be here in an hour." She told everyone.

Bonzo's eyes widen as he spoke in zombie and pointed at someone.

"Who's early?!" Eliza asked as she zoomed in her camera and her eyes widen, it's Mrs. Crabtree.

"Uh-ho, Seabrook, we have a problem!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me get this straight, you and A-Ri fought about her lying to us when you guys did the exact same thing when we first met, and you only hanged out with her for information because Willa told you, and now you're not talking?" Zed asked as he walked with Wyatt on the beach.

"Different situation. But, yes. We haven't talked since last night." Wyatt said looking around.

"Boy, you stupid!" Zed yelled, hitting Wyatt's head.

"How am I stupid?" The wolf asked confused only for the zombie to shake his head.

"Because when you first got here, you lied to us to find your home and now your mad at her for trying to find a home! And using a girl to get information off of her, what's messed up, bro!"

"I only did because Willa told me since she's the alpha. But as I started spending time with her...I started to like her and being with her. I don't know, man" Wyatt said, looking down at the ground. Zed sighed and looked at his friend.

"Trying to be with someone who had no idea what dating was, it's hard. But, you guys got to make it work if you two love each other so much. You want to hold her and please her like no other?" He asked.

"Yea, I do" Wyatt told him.

"Then tell her that you love her! The chicks love the romantic stuff!" He yelled. The wolf laughed and shook his head. The two of them saw Willa and Wynter and decided to walk up to them.

"You're making history today, Zed! First zombie to even interview for college." Wynter remained him.

"Hey, you show 'em what monsters can do." Wyatt said as he puts his hand on his shoulder. Zed sigh and nods.

"Right. I am going to slay her with my killer zombie charm. Or not. Probably not. I don't know. We will see" The zombie said nervously.

As they were discussing about Zed's interview, Bonzo and Bree came running towards them.
Bonzo looked at him out of breathe and spoke zombie to him, telling Zed that Mrs. Crabtree is early.

"What? She's early." Zed said, starting to freak out all ready as the others tried to help him calm down.

The town cheered for Zed as him and Addison walk about to his home to let his father, sister, and Mrs. Crabtree.

"What did you do to deserve all of this?" She asked, smiling nervously.

"I have no idea." He said honestly as he looked back at the town, cheering him on.

"Thank you, Eliza"

"Progress for you is progress for us all" She said with a smile. Eliza is truly the greatest friend ever.

"Why don't you join us to start? I understand you've already been accepted." Mrs. Crabtree asked Addison. The cheerleader looked at her boyfriend with smiled, nodding.

The crowd cheered once again as the group walked in his house to begin the interview.

Let's hope this goes well.