One

The sound of Jin's alarm clock echoed through his whole room. He lazily picked it up and turn it off. He sat up on his bed; he yawned and then rub his eyes. After giving himself some moment, he got up and open the curtain. He inhales then exhales.

“Beautiful day to start my day,” he said then smiled.

He combed his hair before he went out of his room to see his mother dressed up in her casual clothes on and her handbag.

Jin moved the chair a little and sat he grabbed a sliced bread and egg before saying; “Going somewhere mom?” he asked then took a bite of his food.

“Oh, yes, Jinnie. Jae Bong and I are going to fix some things for our incoming wedding,” she said then wipe her lips.

Jin swallowed the food in his mouth. “Speaking of uncle Jae; you two are going to get married soon but I haven't met him yet. When are you planning to introduce him to me in person, mom?” he pouted which made his mother chuckled.

She stood up, and walked toward her son, hugging him from behind. “You'll meet him soon. My Jinnie doesn't huff there,” she said and kissed her son's cheeks.

“Do I have something on my face, mom?” Jin asked when he noticed his mother staring at him for quite some time and it made him curious.

Hee-Jin snaps out of her thoughts when she headed her son. She smiled and shook her head. “Ah, no, I just... Missed my son as a child,” as for a mother who takes care of her child since he was still a baby; and seeing him growing up each day, is the happiest although it's exhausting. A mother would do anything for her child; even if she risks her life.

“Since you were getting old, why don't you get a girlfriend to marry? I am getting married twice and you were still single? How about my grandchildren?” of course, as a mother like her, seeing your son getting married to a girl or a guy he likes is also a happiness. Seeing her son settling in his life is quite sad but that's a part of our lives; getting married to a person we loved.

Jin looks up at his mother, “We have already discussed about it, mom.”

Hee-Jin sat back in her chair and takes his son's hand, “I know, I know, but... Didn't you think that you were hoping for nothing from her? She's engaged and you should, too!”

Lee Eunji is the one she's talking about. It was Jin's ex-crush. He had a crush on her when they were in college. But unfortunately, they do not end up being with each other. Lee Eunji becomes Mark's girlfriend. Long story short, Jin's mother thought his heart was still in her.

But no; that was a long time ago and his love is already ended there. He knew both Eunji and Mark are getting married sooner or later.

“I don't want to get married.”

“WHAT?!” she shouted and got up from her seat; slapping her hands on the table, making Jin flinch. Realizing that she's over-reacting, she slowly sits back down on her chair clearing her throat, and looked at Jin. “I-I mean, why? Don't you want to have children?”

Jin shrugged his shoulders, “I just realized that getting married is hard.”

“Y-yeah, it is. But, Jin-”

“Didn't you say that you and uncle Jae are going somewhere?” he said and looked at the wall clock, “I think you should go now, mom.” clearly, he's changing the topic. He doesn't want to talk about marriage or getting married. It was as if he was allergic to the word “wedding”.

“No one will take care of the bakery if I got married, mom. That bakery is more important to me than getting married.”

All his mother can do was sigh. She couldn't force her son to do the things he doesn't want to. She doesn't want her son to be mad at her for forcing him such things. Whatever Jin's decisions are; she'll be supporting them wholeheartedly.