The Call from "Charlie"

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Scream franchise. This is written for entertainment and fanfiction purposes only. 

---------

Mom was out of town again being in London for work. She always traveled for work. It's better that she's not around. Meant more freedom for me and my twin sister, Tara. It was just the two of us in the house tonight. Tonight is Tara's turn for making dinner since I made it yesterday. 

We were twins, but what's different from us was that we have different hair color. I went to get mine dyed with a friend, Liv McKenzie; the ends of her hair got pink. My hair was black down to my waist, but now, it's dyed in a purple balayage style.

"What do you want to watch tonight?" I asked her while we're in the kitchen. Then I brightly suggested when I remembered one of my favorite shows. "We can binge watch Stranger Things before the new season starts. I heard Euphoria is good."

"Not sure. I can text Amber if she wants to join."

A smirk danced onto my face at the perfect opportunity to tease her. "Sure you can invite your girlfriend."

Tara gave me a look that I was expecting.

"Aren't you going to invite Wes?" She countered.

"I can ask if he's interested." I replied, taking out my phone to text my boyfriend. We've been dating for a year now. 

He's a really great guy and is totally a momma's boy. In a good way, not the Billy Loomis way. I wish that Judy wouldn't be such a helicopter mom to him so much. She always makes sure that he carries a taser and a mace with him everywhere he goes. But I guess I don't blame her. Judy was the deputy eleven years ago during when Jill Roberts, Sidney Prescott's psycho cousin, turned out to be the real Ghostface. So, Judy had the right to have over the top precaution and be protective of her only son.

My older sister, Sam, used to babysit Wes. That's how Tara, me, and Wes became friends. According to my friends, he had the biggest crush on me, but I didn't see it at first. But I do like him back, I just didn't want to ruin our friendship by dating. The more we hung out, we got closer and closer. Our feelings for each other were too hard to ignore and be in denial then. Wes finally had the courage to ask me to be his date for one of the school's dances and we went together. That's when we kissed and started dating.

I waited for his text and put my phone back into my pocket

I waited for his text and put my phone back into my pocket. The landline phone started to ring, and I went to check. It's an unknown caller so I decided to ignore it by pressing the red end button. Tara was texting Amber and smiled about something then she had to use her inhaler.

Suddenly, the damn landline was ringing again. Why do we still even have these things?

"Ugh! It's 2022! Why do we even have landlines?!" I exclaimed, being annoyed. Tara smirked in amusement at me and kept texting Amber. Meanwhile, I answered the ancient phone. "Hello?" I asked, acting casual.