Everybody Is A Suspect

It was around the afternoon by this time. Sam, Richie, and I quickly grabbed some lunch at a drive thru before we arrived at Mindy and Chad's house. Just incase if anything would happen, I brought along my handgun that's safely in the inside of my jacket pocket. That was Judy's advice for me which was I should always carry a gun to protect myself as a woman. Wes had his too, but I know he didn't carry his that often.

Earlier while we were eating inside the fast food place, I made a group chat to text all my friends that we're going to have an intervention meeting to figure out the mystery behind this new Ghostface. Everybody was supposed to be there because we're Tara's friends and I'm her twin sister.

We arrived at the Meeks-Martin's home and Sam parked her car. We're approaching the house together until we turned around hearing another car door slam.

My jaw slightly dropped in shock and I couldn't believe at who I'm seeing.

"Holy shit, he came." Sam breathed.

"I've decided to temporarily assist you in your investigation." Dewey said.

"Thank you." Sam and I replied together gratefully.

Dewey walked by us for the door, but I caught up to the former sheriff and hugged him. He was hesitant to wrap his arms around me in return, but I didn't care. All I cared was that he's here.

"Really. I mean it. Thank you." I told him genuinely and looked up at him.

"No problem, kid." Dewey said and let me go.

"What have I told you about calling me kid?" I lightly scolded him.

Dewey just chuckled as he knocked on the door and Mindy answered it. She greeted us and let the four of us in. Of course, she was thrilled that she got to meet the famous Dewey Riley of Woodsboro. He was one of her favorite idols next to Sidney Prescott.

"How do you know so much about the Stab movies?" Richie asked Mindy.

"Runs in her family." Dewey answered.

"Randy was our uncle." Mindy said. 

Mrs. Meeks-Martin came in with a tray of snacks and set it on the table. She was so sweet.

"My brother would be so proud!"

"Hey, Martha." Dewey greeted her.

"Dewey, hi!" She was happy to see him and they hugged. "You look...how's the wife?" 

God, I cringed.

"Okay, Mom, we're good." Chad interrupted to save Dewey from the question. Smart move on him.

"Alright, kids. Have fun." Mrs. Mindy-Meeks said and left us alone.

I looked at them all and started to speak once she left the room.

"Thanks to all of you responding to my text that you can make it here," I began. "This is something that we really, really need to talk about. And only Sam can tell it." I looked at my sister and sat next to Wes on the couch when he made room for me.

It took a while for Sam to explain her story.

"So, let me get this straight," Chad tried to figure it out. "You're saying you're the daughter of Billy Loomis, and, what, one of us is the killer?"

The face of the younger Billy Loomis was on the TV screen.

"It doesn't have to be one of you," I said. "Anyone of you could have a partner. They always come in twos."

"With the exception of Sidney's psycho half-brother," Dewey added. "He did it single-handedly."

"Right." I nodded, remembering that.