Sam's Return

The doctors explained to me about my condition. Obviously, I've been stabbed twice, but it's nothing of major concern. I didn't get cut too deeply enough for there to be any serious or life threatening damage. It still hurt like a bitch though. My arm is broken which why it needed to be in a cast. To top it off, I have a concussion from being hit multiple times with a pan.

That explained a lot.

After the doctors had checked and examined me, I still need to be at the hospital for a full recovery because of my injuries and that I can properly heal. 

Later, Wes came to my bedroom to visit me. I felt my eyes lit up at seeing him. He also gave me my charger which was a godsend and he plugged my phone in for me. The first thing I did to Wes was that I immediately hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I thought I'd never see you again." I whispered, holding him tightly.

"I'm here right now, Zoey," Wes comforted. "I'm not going anywhere."

We held each other like that for some time. When we let go, I gave into the urge to kiss him. I missed the feeling that made my heart soar and the butterflies in my stomach. After it felt so good and satisfying to hold and kiss him, we let each other go.

"How are you feeling?" Wes asked as he sat on the edge of bed, looking at me.

"Better now that you're here," I knew it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. "Have you visited Tara?"

"Yeah. The guys are here to see her and they're going to see you," Wes made a cute half smile. "I just wanted alone time with you before they show up here."

"Aren't you sweet?" I smirked, teasing him a little. "How's Tara?"

"Not in the best of shape. The killer really did a number on her." 

"I want to see her." I said in longing.

"You will soon, Zoey, once you get better-"

"I wish I can get better now," I interrupted impatiently then felt bad. I was just frustrated by everything. "Sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

"It's fine, I know you didn't. You and your sister went through a lot. I get it."

"I just can't figure out why it happened to us," I was confused and still couldn't figure out the puzzle. "Like what's the real motive?"

"Maybe the killer doesn't need to have a motive." Wes replied thoughtfully.

"Impossible," I disagreed, shaking my head. "Every killer needs a motive. Look at the movies. Doesn't matter if the motive makes sense or not." 

"Whatever it is, you and Tara are alive right now. That's all that matters." 

"You're right," I had to agree with him on that one. "It was just so scary. The phone call happening and me and Tara getting stabbed. There's nothing we could've done. I tried to help Tara, but I couldn't. I felt so scared and helpless." While I was talking, I didn't realize tears were rolling down my cheeks.

I could finally break down in front of someone who happened to be Wes. I didn't have to act strong and brave for Tara. I broke down my walls and allowed me to be myself in front of Wes. He comforted me while I cried as I relived the nightmare to him.

Later, after I calmed down and there's no signs of any tears, my friends visited me next. We talked and laughed like old times. It felt good to have them around.

"Sam is here," Amber informed me. 

"Are you serious?" I frowned. Unsure if I want to see her or not. I didn't want to call her.