Epilogue: A Fresh New Chapter

🔪 Year: 2023 🔪

Me, Tara, and Sam have been enjoying our new lives here in Modesto. It's been a year since the murders at Amber's house happened. We're living good lives right now and put all of that behind us.

Now, it's summer.

Tara, Mindy, Liv, and I have graduated from high school.

I no longer have to use crutches. I still have a bad limp thanks to Amber's shot at me. Tara was doing better at coping with her injuries too. She didn't have to use her crutches either, but still had her scars from the stabs. Her hand where the blade sliced through her still looked like a nasty gash, but she was still able to use it. 

I'm so glad that the bitch is dead and her sidekick, Richie. 

My sisters and I enjoyed living together, but sure, we have our fights every now and then. Cause living together as sisters can be a pain at times. We just kept it low living here, being under the radar. Just so we could protect ourselves and not have anymore Ghostface meet and greets. The only friends we trusted and kept were Mindy and Liv. That's it. It's a small circle.

The three of us were busy anyway with jobs of our own. We didn't get out that much and just stayed at our home to relax and unwind. It was just small jobs we did so for, but at least we're getting money to afford the apartment. Sam worked as a hotel cleaner, Tara worked at a cashier in a clothing store, and I was a waitress. It was just small jobs until Tara and I start college. 

After my shift at the restaurant was done, I was exhausted. It's a Saturday and the restaurant I work at was usually packed on Fridays and the weekend. Especially, Friday and Saturday. I drove home and entered the apartment, happily to collapse on the couch. I didn't care that I was still wearing my uniform. I turned the TV on and used the remote to change the channels until there was something remotely interesting to watch. When I finally decided on a show, I watched it, but then I think I drifted off to sleep.

Ghostface was chasing after me with a knife around the infamous Stu Macher's house. I ran like my life depended on it. 

I was running down the stairs, and of course, I had to trip on the last stair. I fell face down and rolled over on my back just to see Ghostface was staring down at me. He cocked his head side to the side for a second and raised his knife ready to plunge it deep into me.

I was begging for mercy and crying. I didn't want to die. 

But I felt Ghostface brutally stabbing me repeatedly. I saw my blood splatter everywhere as I'm getting gutted...

Someone was yelling my name and holding me down. My eyes was still closed while I'm seeing Ghostface and can feel each single stab that pierced through me. I was thrashing around against whoever it was that's trying to take me. I'm screaming and crying during this nightmare.

"Zoey, stop! It's just me! It's me! It's only a dream!" I heard a familiar voice, making my eyes snap open to see my twin, Tara.

Not only Tara was there, but so was Sam. They were staring at me with pity, sympathy, worry, and concern. I calmed myself down, but I still had to cry over the nightmare I had of getting killed. Sam and Tara hugged me and didn't let go for a while. I didn't mind. I wanted my sisters to be close to me right now.

After sometime, I finally calmed down. They let go of me and sat at my sides on the couch.

"Was it a nightmare?" Tara asked with concern, rubbing my back.

"Yeah, it's always the same," I frowned, having flashbacks of it. "Fucking Ghostface."

 "It's over now, Zoey," Sam comforted. "Amber and Richie are dead. There's going to be no more Ghostface."

"I doubt that," I disagreed as I rest my head on Tara's shoulders. She held me in her arms. "Word can get out that you're Billy Loomis's daughter. Who knows how many psychos are going to come after you? Us?"

"I don't know, but we can't think about that, Zoey. We just have to move on. Even if another Ghostface does come back, we'll fight it together," Sam looked at me and Tara. "Won't we?"

"We will." Tara nodded.

I know I'd do anything to protect both of my sisters. Even to die for them.

"So will I." I vowed, holding onto their hands to seal the promise.

🔪 New York 🔪

My mother got a new job offer that was located either in New York or San Diego. After what happened with the murders from last year, she didn't want us to live in California anymore. She picked New York and that's where she's going to work from now on and where we're going to live.

Tara and I went to a college there along with Mindy and Liv. I was wary and uncomfortable about living with a new roommate. I didn't want to go through another possible Ghostface. So, we were able to pick a roommate and I chose Mindy. She was happy to live with me and not a random stranger. Or with Liv. They'd kill each other if they were roommates. Liv shared a dorm with Tara. 

Sam stayed at the apartment and found a new job to work at. That earned her money and kept her busy since Tara and I was at college. She was living on her own. Mom had an apartment of her own and checked on us every now and then.

Mindy and I got settled into our average-sized dorms and have been enjoying our classes. She wanted to become a director and I wanted to work in computer animation. Tara was majoring in Psychology and Liv in fashion. Even though we've been keeping to ourselves and hanging out with Tara and Liv, we met new friends from the Film Club.

So far, all of them seemed normal and nice. But I didn't let my guard down that easy.

After I was done with classes, I returned to my dorm just to chill and relax. Mindy was there too after she was done with her classes. We shared a few classes together. 

"Hey, did you catch what Jade said about an official trailer for Stab 9 has already been released on YouTube?" Mindy asked me as she sat on the edge of her bed. I sat across from her on my own.

"Who's Jade again?" I wondered cluelessly. I'm still trying to remember new names and place them on new faces.

"She's the one who believes that The Wickerman is better with Nicolas Cage than the 1973 version," Mindy scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "She has terrible taste like Liv," Then Mindy added as an afterthought. "Those two should get along great."

The memory of Jade jogged into mind and I can picture her face. 

"Oh, yeah, now I remember. There's going to be a Stab 9 right now? Are you serious?" I asked with disbelief and disgust. "After everything that happened last year at Woodsboro, why are they making another one? Plus, the last one sucked!"

"It's all a big cash grab, obviously. You know that, Zoey."

"I don't think I can watch those movies the same way again. Not after what we went through..." I  grimaced as a shudder tingled through me.

"I know, but we can't keep living in fear all the time, Zoey," Mindy told me. "Now we know what to do when the next Ghostface comes."

"You think there will be a next Ghostface?" I asked her skeptically with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course. They'll always come back." She reminded.

That gave me an uneasy, sickening feeling in my stomach, but I wanted to be brave.

"If they return, at least we have the experience on what to do."

Ghostface could get left behind at Woodsboro for once and for all. 

Author's Note

So, this is the last chapter for this story. I'm not sure if I'm going to make my own version of Scream 6. Let me know in the comments if you want that to happen. Thank you to all who have read and enjoyed this story! Please read the other Scream fanfics if you like my work. :)