Chapter 19: Gone forever

I guess you could say I was being overdramatic but that night all I did was lay in bed, thinking. I don't think I should've let my mind wonder because it always goes to the worst case scenario. I layed down with my hands above my head and my eyes focused on the plain white ceiling.
"Love?" Rooster knocked on the door softly.
I let out a soft cry, but covered my mouth hoping he wouldn't hear,
"Baby.. I'm going to come in." The door gently pushed open, he walked over and sat beside me, I didn't look at him and continued to stare at the ceiling. He felt around for my hand as the room was pitch black, then he his other hand on my face.
"Amy.. I know what's wrong"
"No you don't! You never do!" I snapped
"Look, if I did something I'm sorry but if I didn't can I help?" He didn't stop looking at my eyes
"You can't help this!" I stared crying and my tears fell straight onto his hand "sorry.."
he said nothing but pulled me into a hug, I know that he knew what was wrong and I was being selfish for assuming he doesn't know what it feels like. He layed down beside me and placed his arm around me
"I love you" I said softly
"I love you too."

The next morning we got an emergency call from the hospital saying my father was in a very bad state. Unfortunately, we were in a meeting at the time. I raised my hand,
"What Mrs Bradshaw?" The instructor hissed
"Can I please be dismissed I have to visit my father in the hospital?"
"That's a stupid question, we have a mission in a couple of minutes."
My insides dropped, had this man really just told me I couldn't visit my dieing father?
"I'll sort it out for you Amy, just go!" Jack whispered in my ear. I ran out of the door and straight to my car, when I say that I drove the most dangerous I have ever drove, I mean it. When I arrived in the hospital I darted through the wooden corridors, the rooms of patients felt endless, I finally reached my father's and tried to open it. It was locked. I kept trying but it wasn't budging.
"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this but that man is dead." The nurse said, I looked through the glass triangle at the top of the door. She was right, my father lied in his bed, stone cold.
A shot of sadness darted in-between each vein of my body, shivers rolled up my spine. I had no family anymore. Rooster is all I had. Just as I broke down, Bradley himself ran down the corridor and hugged me,
"I got the call..I'm here for you my love."
He cradled me in his arms and held my head on his shoulder.
"He said he will look after your dad for you.."
"I'm sure he will" Rooster smiled.