Chapter 26: Rooster

I booked the earliest flight to Paris, France as soon as possible. I had to get to the airport by 11:30 and it was already eleven o'clock.

When I got on the plane the flight attendants all were frowning and looked tired as hell.
"Hey miss are you sure you can fly? You know because your pregnant?" One of the flight attendants asked,
"Yeah um I'm only 5 months I should be okay but thank you," I smiled arkwardly. I had always had a weird personality when talking to strangers I never really knew why though I guess I'm just a nervous person. The whole flight all I could think of was how Rooster was feeling, I mean crashing in a plane is bad enough let alone when your father died in one. I just knew when I arrived I would sit with him for as long as he needed because all I wanted was him back.

When we landed the sun was shining and I almost felt blinded by it, the streets were cobbled just as Alissa had said they were and the smell of bread circled the French air, although I had no time to loose so I ran through the streets where I found the hospital.
"Bonjour-" I tried to speak French to the receptionist
"Just speak English it's easier."
"Oh um, I'm here to see Bradley Bradshaw?"
"Name?"
"Amy Bradshaw"
"Okay room 102 on the second floor and it's on your right" she said pointing towards what looked like a never-ending staircase.

I walked into the room and looked around. The sun was shining from the open window and the curtains were blowing in the wind. I saw Rooster layed in the hospital bed with his leg in a cast.
"Hey honey..." I walked over and placed myself in the chair beside him, his eyes opened slowly and seemed to light up when he saw me.
"I missed you" I said smiling warmly and clutching his hand
"I missed you too, the crash was so fast I couldn't even comprehend it"
"It must've been horrible I'm so sorry I couldn't get here quicker"
"No no it's fine and hopefully I'll be out of here next week if this leg is alright."

That night I was allowed to sleep in the hospital so I slept in the chair with an extra pillow, still holding Bradley's hand. When I woke up I had to go, I really didn't want to leave bradley alone there because I know hospital is horrible. I got the earliest flight back to America and landed the day after, I still missed Brad but I had to leave.