Chapter 21: Meeting Joseph

I told Rooster to stay at home but he insisted on coming even if he had to sit in the car. As I was about to close the car door the rain started pouring, I pulled him out of the door
"You're coming with me love, I'm not doing this alone,"
"Fine by me." He smiled.
I hugged him and we both knocked on the door.

The man that answered had dark brown hair and piercing green eyes, even if I had only just met him he seemed so much like me.
"Are you sure that isn't just me in male form?" I whispered to Rooster who laughed. Joseph let us in and showed us round. The walls had paintings hung in every space and the carpet had been cleaned and hoovered,
"Your house is beautiful," I said smiling
"Thank you!" He replied leading us into the living room. The couch had orange pillows spread on it. The walls were a dark red and the home felt warm and cozy.

"You say that you're my sister?" Joseph said
"Yes.. it's because on my father's will you are stated"
"Could I ask your father about it?"
Rooster looked directly at me, he knew I didn't want to mention it
"Um it's a will? Well anyway he passed away a couple of months ago."
"Oh yes of course! Oh and who are you?" Joseph looked at Rooster
"I'm Bradley Bradshaw, your sister's husband,"
"Alright."

That night we left Germany and arrived back in America, it felt strange that I entered Germany without family and left Germany with a brother. Rooster got called off for a mission in France so I was alone again.
I sat down at the beach alone with my thoughts, suddenly Rosa from our squadron sat beside me on the mat. You see she had been friends with Phoenix at the start taunting me and all, I hated the hell out of her, even though Phoenix had apologized Miss Rosa over here still holds a grudge against me.
"What do you want?" I said getting off of the blanket
"I bet you I could kiss Rooster, I bet this baby I'm pregnant with is his! He probably is only using you!" She laughed
"No.. that's way too far, plus he wouldn't do that to me!"
"Really?! You think so.. cool" she walked off. She's such a bitch I thought, but what she said made me question things, what if he did fuck her? I picked up my phone and I saw 3 missed calls from Bradley.
I called him and raised the phone to my ear.

"Hey love" I said through the line
"Hey baby! I'm coming home today! How are you holding up there?"
"Shit, Rosa is at it again-"
"Fuck her!"
"Just like you did" I stopped myself "I wasn't supposed to say that I'm sorry"
"What the hell? I did what? She said what?" He hung up immediately. A sharp shock ran through my body. Had I caused that? What I said was kind of rude though, out of nowhere saying that he fucked her. I ran back home and sat on the empty bed, I didn't know what was going to happen next.