Tyrannosaurus

Much to Nikki's dismay, the more one tried to hide from Maya, the more she seemed to find out.

The weekend began with the woman berrating her daughter for the apparent waste of ingredients for a smoothie for the girl's breakfast. Maya said some thing or other about the girl's weight and figure, which fell on deaf ears. The conversation had happened so often that she couldn't possibly gain anything from hearing it again.

-This is not Austin's house, you know?-the woman shot bitterly, in a last attempt at getting a reaction.

That got Nikki's attention.

-Believe me, I know!-the girl said, anger burning her from the inside.-At least they're loved there.

-Well, at least we have a fridge-her mother retorted.

The implication that the Aguados were somehow lesser for their monetary condition made the blonde's stomach twist.

-I'll have you know they have just gotten a fridge! So now you dont have anything on them.

That made Maya's eyebrows arch, as she got a look in her eyes that Nikki knew too well. Appearing lost in thought, the woman began heading for the door.

-I'm going to check that out.

Nikki's heart sank. She followed Maya to the hall.

-What? Mom! No, leave them alone!-she pleaded.-It's just a fridge!

-You go get ready for school-her mother ordered.

-It's Saturday!

But the woman was already out the door. The bakery, first, Maya decided. Then, the neighbours' house.

-...we're keeping them, aren't we?-Abigail contemplating Carlisle's sleeping figure.

Arthur didn't respond, but the look he threw her was more than pleading. The woman sighed.

-I'm gonna go make the bed upstairs.

But before she could, the doorbell rang. The healer took the sheets, earning him a glare. Arthur leaned down to kiss her lips, smiling as the doorbell went off. Without listening to the woman's silent pleas, he headed up the stairs. He had opened the door pretty much every time, after all. It was Abi's turn.

Without even looking through the peephole, Abigail yanked the door open.

-Can you stop? We have kids sleep-

But she halted her speech when instead of Maya, she found a strange woman. Every muscle in Abigail's body tensed. The other woman carried a gym bag. She wore a brown suit, unlike the black ones sported by their enemy. Showing clear signs of wear. Then, she extended a hand.

-Pamela Morris-she introduced herself.-So nice to finally meet you.

Abi shook her hand.

-Carlisle's mother-she realized.

The other woman rolled her eyes with a smile.

-You don't have to play along with the name scheme. Especially not while she isn't here.

Abi's jaw clenched.

-What are *you* doing here?

That's when the woman extended her the bag.

-I came to drop off her things... I'm leaving sooner than planned. There's something in there for you, too.

Although Abi glanced down at the bag, she did not immediately take it.

-They're sleeping over there-Abigail pointed over her shoulder.-Would you like to... See them? Say goodbye?

Carlisle's mother thrust the suitcase towards the other again. That time, Abi took it.