Chapter Two

HELLO READERS. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS STORY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING. CHAPTER TWO IS A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST. ENJOY!

___

Jared's POV

I shut the door behind me. Hmm, no one is here. The room was quite. There was a draft coming from the open window. The room was small, but big enough to fit two twin beds, some nightstands, a large closet and enough space to walk around. I looked at the beds. The one to me right had an open suitcase, with some clothes falling out of it. I look in the closet and see some shirts on hangers. I guess my roommate's been here already. Not knowing anyone on campus, I figured I'd stay in and spend the day unpacking. I didn't pack much, just some clothes, bath essentials, and a few books and binders and things, my laptop and my Xbox. I was unpacked in an hour. Everything was neat and in place. I laid on my new bed and stared up to the ceiling. I can't believe I'm here! I can't believe I'm a college student now! I laid there for a couple minutes, until a something popped into my head. Now, I'm not the one to snoop around or anything, but I figured, since I was alone, and my roommate was gone, I should take a look through his stuff. So I did.

I dug into the suitcase carefully, making sure not to take anything out, but just look through it. A lot of T-shirts, some jeans, underwear. Wink wink. Normal stuff. Then I went over to his nightstand. I looked in the first drawer. Socks, cologne, condoms. The second drawer. Some loose papers, and a laptop. Nothing that exciting. I figured I'd just sit back and watch TV. It had to be my roommate's, because I don't think it came with the dorm. I grab the remote and turn it on. I flip through the channels. Flip. Flip. Flip. Oooh NASCAR. Flip. Flip. Flip. I managed to stay on a channel that was showing a movie. I forget the name, but it was with Vin Diesel, so it looked good. I watched for a while but then I started getting sleepy. I left the TV on as I dozed off. Next thing I knew, I hear the door crack open. I jump up and look at my watch. 4:00. I had slept for about 2 hours. My eyes were still adjusting to being open. I rub eyes and then notice a nice firm hand in front of me. "Anthony Ramirez," said a voice. I look up. In front of me is a tall, broad, good looking guy. He looks about 5'11 and 130lbs or so.

"Jared... Matthews... Jared Matthews," I muttered.

"Sorry I woke you," he said.

"No, it's fine."

"So how long have ya been up here?" he said as he took off his shoes.

"I got here at around noon."

"Oh...Cool. Cool. So you a freshman?"

"Yep," I answered.

"Ahhh. Well I'm a sophomore. Yeah I've been in this dorm since last year. My old roommate, he is a junior now and he decided to join a frat. Not far from here. Miu Beta Theta, I think he said."

Anthony was pretty cute. He looked Hispanic but with very promising features. He had chocolaty brown eyes, a sharp nose, light skin and wavy brown hair.

"So, where you from?" I asked.

"From here, Houston."

"Ah, so you know your way around town?"

"Yeah. Been here all my life." He responded.

"You...Mexican?" I asked. Not thinking whether my question would offend him or not. "Uh, sorry I mean..." 

"Yes, I am." He chuckled. "I was born here though. So don't worry, I'm legal."

"No. Sorry. It's just, I'm from a small town. Everyone' s white. Not much diversity." I tried to explain.

"It's fine... Hey I'm gonna go down to the coffee shop later to meet up with some friends I haven't seen them since the spring. You should come, if you're not busy or anything. It'll give you a chance to get to know some people and explore the campus."