Chapter Six

AN: NO MORE AUTHOR'S NOTES. I JUST WANT Y'ALL TO FUCKING READ THIS STORY I'VE WORKED SO HARD ON.

Dustin’s POV

“I’m bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away! Fire away!” I sang under my breath. Gosh that song has been stuck in my head ever since that day in the showers. “Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away! Fire away!” I continued, trying to be as quiet as possible. I didn’t want to wake Ricky up. Ricky was my roommate. He sleeps in on Saturdays and well, he gets grumpy when woken up.

It was 11:00am. I had just come back from my morning run. I don’ work out or lift weights or anything. Just run. I find it liberating. It’s a chance to clear my mind and just relax. Anyway, I grabbed some boxers, a towel, and my shampoo and stuff. I headed to the showers.

As I showered, I couldn’t help but think back at last night. How could I be so stupid?! I should have never ran back to Conner. I had told Heather and Anthony that he had broken up with me. But the truth is, I dumped him, not for long anyway. I guess I just needed someone. Not Conner though, I realize that now. I broke up with him for a reason. And I can’t believe I was stupid enough to go back to him. He told me he changed! But it was a lie. He proved that to me last night. I had only been dating Conner for a few months really. He was my longest relationship. I wasn’t in love with him per say, but I didn’t have a strong affection towards him. But now isn’t the time to dwell on the past. I need to focus on today. . . I need to focus on Jared.

Jared seems super sweet. I feel bad for coming off to him as a jerk. I do that sometimes. I wasn’t in the best mood recently. I was always arguing with Conner. .  . Every time I saw Jared I would try not to pay too much attention to him, even pretending to forget his name sometimes. Ignoring him was hard, but I had too. I was in a relationship and as far as I knew, he was straight. I always thought he was cute though. I mean lookatim, he is very attractive. He’s the rugged, all-American, football playing, southern accent, cowboy sexy sunova bitch.

Anyway, I didn’t really know he was gay until last night. The way he talked to me was different then the way a straight guy would talk to me. And I also caught him eyeing my naked torso all night. And since I officially and hopefully permanently broke it off with Conner, I decided to give Jared a shot. I don’t want to make it seem like a rebound, ‘cause he’s not. I’d been pretty emotionally distant from Conner the past few weeks. Our relationship was mostly sexual. I knew we were going to end up splitting sooner or later. Conner was a good guy, most of the time at least, but I had a gut feeling that he was more into the sex. I feel like he only liked me because I was always there. I don’t blame him. I was the same. Not for the sex though, but for the affection. I longed to be loved…to be appreciated. Conner just wanted to fuck.

After I gathered all my thoughts, I stepped out of the shower and headed back to my room. Ricky was barely waking up. 11:30. Figures.

“Get up lazy,” I threw a pillow at him. He mumbled something I couldn’t understand and turned over to his side, facing the wall. Whatever.

I went over to my dresser and searched for something to wear. It was my first date with Jared. I wanted to look nice, but not look like I was trying too hard. So I pull out some jeans and a solid blue t-shirt. I went over to the mirror and messed my hair up a bit. Not too much though. I wanted to look effortless yet still sexy. I put on my belt and shoes. Some tweed toms I had gotten recently. I look back in the mirror and smile.

“Date today?” I hear a croaky voice tease me from behind. Good he’s awake

“Something like that.” I spray on some cologne.

“Calvin Klein? Whaa? Is it you and Connor’s anniversary or something gay like that?” he teased again. He knew I only used my CK for special dates.