Chapter 4: Lost In The Forest

|| Blue gladiolus ||
Strength, Faithfulness, Moral Integrity

First P.O.V
After yesterdays training trying to get my powers back my body has been aching a lot, I guess working out after 2 years hurts. I sighed and look at my clock. 10:00.

I got up from my bed feeling a sharp pain in my arm. I hiss and curse before getting out of my bed and making my way to the bathroom. Upon entering I see Cole brushing his teeth.

Cole takes notice and looks over towards me. "Morning," he says with a full mouth filled with toothpaste.

"Morning" I greet back, I walk over to the mirror and take my toothbrush. Cole spits out his toothpaste.

"Are you ready for hiking?" Cole smiles brightly. I squirt toothpaste onto my brush.

"Heck yeah I am, although my body does ache so I might slow us down" I rub my muscle a little before scrubbing my teeth.

"That's no problem because you're going to go hiking with me. And if you know me I'm a nature guy" Cole flexes. I spit out the foam.

"Well, I guess I'm in luck then" I joke a little. Cole washes his toothbrush and walks out of the bathroom. Two minutes go by and I wash up before going to the dining room for breakfast.

Fortunately enough it was Zane'a turn to cook and not Cole's. That's what I've learned so far while living with them.

I slid open the door to see Jay and Cole there. I grab my own plate and silverware from the cupboard and drawer before sitting down in one of the chairs.

"How are your muscles?" Jay asks me while he ate his bacon and eggs.

"I'm fine just a little sore" I respond to him. He nods and then goes back to eating.

"Man this hiking trip is going to be the best" Cole says after drinking his orange juice.

"Is it a good idea though? Y/n's muscles are sore" Jay points out. I honestly could not agree more with Jay but since Cole wants to go hiking so much I never really said anything.

"Yeah I know but Y/n is tough so he'll be fine," Cole tells Jay. Jay looks into Cole's eyes and then sighs and continues to eat. I litter my plate with my desired meal and begin to eat.

Jay shortly left and went to go do something. Me and Cole shared a small conversation about hiking before he left to go change. I too finish up my plate and head back to my room to dress up for hiking.

Not sure what people wear for hiking so I assume what people wear and go with it. I walk out of my room with a hikers backpack that me and Cole went shopping for this occasion. While closing my door Kai catches me.

"Hiking aye? Have fun with that" Kai pats me on the back before walking down the hallway. I walk towards the courtyard to find Cole there. His face lights up upon my arrival.

I observe what he's wearing. He has a black baseball cap on, a black t-shirt, and brown shorts along with boots. "Looks like you're ready," I say.

"Sure am," he says with a determined face. "You didn't forget anything right? You have your energy bars, water, and first aid right?" Cole goes over the list.