Chapter 8: Family

|| Pink Roses ||
Gratitude, Admiration, Comfort

Third P.O.V
It was a peaceful morning everyone was asleep, before being awoken by a gong, "evil doesn't sleep and neither should you" Sensei Wu said loudly as he continued to bang the gong, everyone groaned in annoyance.

"In order to reach your full potential you must greet each day as an opportunity."

"Please I beg you just let me sleep, Sensei" Y/n pleaded as he took his pillow and covered his ears.

"Okay, okay we're up" Kai then jumped down from the upper bunk. "But if you want us to reach our full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai then walked over to the blinds to open them but as he did they broke off.

"Uuh, you call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress" Cole complained.

"You can say that again I was tossing and turning" Y/n then got up cracking his back.

"We were up so late talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time since the Serpentine burned down the monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our heads- Ack!" Jay then spat out and coughed the toothpaste that was covered in dirt, Y/n walked over to Jay and patted him on the back.

"What is our next lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of a-Gugh" Zane broke the floorboard he grunted and coughed as the dust lifted, and the other four ninjas joined at Zane's side.

"I think today's lesson will be chores," Wu said.

"Chores!?" The ninja exclaimed in unison.

"Ninja fight, Sensei they do not clean" Cole clarifies to Wu.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home, and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters, I expect things to be spotless when I return" Sensei Wu began to walk away, but he then turned around. "And put your backs into it" the gong then clashes once again before leaving. Cole helps Zane up.

"Ugh, this place is gonna take forever to clean and fix," Kai complained as he looked at his surroundings.

"Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay said with a smile while nudging Kai with his arm.

"We're gonna use spinjitzu aren't we?" Y/n said.

"Correct," Jay replied.

"Oh boy," Y/n groaned, everyone got ready and started their chores, unlike the others Y/n didn't use his spinjitzu, so he decided to clean the windows in the control room. "I'm so happy that we have windex on the ship," Y/n said to himself as he sprayed the chemicals on the window before wiping it away.

"Hey, Y/n can you come and dry out the room me and Zane were in? It's a bit damp" Kai asked.

"Sure" Y/n put down the bottle and rag and followed the male to the room. "How did you guys get it wet?" Y/n said as he walked into the room.

"We used our powers, duh" Kai stated the obvious answer.

"Right...Ninja, go!" Y/n then did spinjitzu drying off the room. The Wind ninja stopped and looked at his work, "good as new."

"Alright I'm gonna go and fix the power with Cole, you and Zane can go do something" Kai walked out of the room.

"What should we do?" Zane asked.

"I was cleaning the windows so let's do that first before Sensei and Nya get back," Y/n said as he exited, making his way back to the control room.

Zane followed closely behind, "grab a bottle and start spraying the windows" Y/n grabbed the bottle of windex and started cleaning. Hours passed and Jay came inside.