Chapter 13: Wedding Crashers

Dalmatian bellflower
|| Romance, Constancy, Support ||

It was late afternoon and the Ninja sat in the bridge waiting for anything to happen, maybe a call, even a sign that gave them the slightest hint at the Fangblades. But to no avail they had no leads, no nothing they were at a dead end." doesn't the mail come today?" Y/n asked while getting coffee.

"Who knows but what I do know is that we're sitting ducks," Kai groaned while lying back in a chair in boredom.

"We have to have hope that something will turn up" Jay tried to be optimistic about their situation. Y/n takes his coffee and walks out to the deck, he took a deep breath. Y/n stood by the railing and looked over it while the soft wind played with his hair. He then heard the voice of the mailman? Y/n looked over and saw him riding a bike with wings.

He was shocked. He dropped his coffee and looked at the mailman flying towards him. "Well that's something you don't see every day," Y/n said to himself as he walked towards the postman. "Who do you have mail for?"

"It's for you, from your father" the postman handed him the letter.

"My father?... what?" Y/n furrowed his eyebrow in absolute confusion.

"I don't know, I'm just doing my job just take the letter," The postman said, Y/n hesitantly took the letter and walked inside.

"What's that you got there? Does it have something to do with the Fangblades?" Cole asked him.

"No, it's a letter from my dad" Y/n looked at the letter.

"Your dad?!" The ninja said in unison.

"Wait, wait, why would your dad aka the man who left you for dead? Send you a letter? It just doesn't feel right" Jay said as the ninja surrounded Y/n.

"I don't know, but we're about to find out" Y/n then opened the letter and read it.

"So what does it say?" Kai asked eagerly.

"It... it says that my sister is getting married," Y/n replied. "They even have the house address on here, they invited me at the last second because the groom wanted to see me."

"Wow, that's pretty big," Cole raised his eyebrows.

"Yes but, why would your family now send you this letter" Zane was a bit skeptical about the letter.

"No idea, but he said it was fine to bring friends along" Y/n looked up at everyone. Nya then entered the room.

"What's going on?" She questioned as she walked over to the group of boys.

"Y/n's sister is getting married" Jay responded with a smile.

"Married? That seems so romantic, just to spend the rest of your life with someone you love" Nya said dreamily.

"Ha-ha, yeah," Jay said as well.

"But my question is, why would your family send you this, didn't your dad abandon you?" Nya asked.

"That was Zane's question too, but I'm willing to take my chances with this," Y/n said determined.

"If you say so, but when exactly is this wedding?" Nya then asked.

"It's tomorrow," Y/n said, "they also said I could bring some friends along."

"Well, I guess we can take a break off tomorrow," Kai proposed.

"What? We can't what happens if there's an emergency?" Jay protested.

"But we have to be there for Y/n, and not to mention there's gonna be cake," Cole said excitedly.