Chapter 12: The Truth

|| Lotus ||
Purity, Enlightenment, Rebirth

Third P.O.V

Y/n yawned and came out to the deck to see the ninja, "what are you guys doing?" Y/n wondered.

"Oh, well Zane is underwater right now so we're timing him, and I think he's about to break his record" Jay excitedly said he then looked at the timer. Y/n joined them and looked down at the water.

"Ten minutes. He just broke his own record, the guy's inhuman" Kai looked at the timer in disbelief.

"What was his original record?" Y/n asked while looking over the boat.

"It was five minutes but to the looks of it I bet he could go longer if he wanted to" Kai answered the h/c haired male.

"That's amazing" Y/n was astonished at the record, down below Zane was sitting at the bottom of the ocean, a fish came up to him and he petted it before it swam away. The white ninja swam up back to the others. Upon returning to the surface the ninja laughed.

Zane climbed back onto the bounty while the ninja complimented him.

"Amazing!" Cole said.

"We're not worthy" Jay bowed down.

"I broke the record?" Zane asked as he looked at the others.

"You destroyed it" Kai pumped his up in celebration.

"You did a great job Zane" Y/n smiled.

"Okay, okay, is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?" Jay put his hand on Kai's shoulder while Cole did some moves in the background like backflips. "We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about all that we've accomplished" Jay said.

"You're right," Kai responded. The ninja thought back at their training. Kai was running on a hot trail of coals and made it to the end without a sweat, on the other hand Jay was on top of a tall and large building while there was thunder and lightning, surprisingly he didn't coward away.

Cole was doing his weights, to add a little challenge Cole added more heavier weights, he then lifted it up with Jay on one side with turkey in one hand and a weight in the other, on the right side Nya was lifting a weight. For training Y/n was drinking tea and reading while there were high level winds blowing at him, he then yawned.

"The question should be raised, perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane speculates.

"I doubt it, Sensei Wu will probably tell us in his wise voice "No, not yet, you've only scratched the surface" Y/n imitated Wu's voice, they then laughed. The ninja walked inside to talk to Sensei Wu's room.

"Well, every morning I do five hundred pushups," Zane said.

"Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand" Kai flexed as he walked in the room.

"Ha, ha, I do a thousand and one" Jay butted in.

"Hilarious Jay, I do two thousand" Y/n one up him.

"What is this, amature hour? Sounds like my warm up, Sensei, what does true potential look like if-" Cole's sentence drifted off as they all realized that Wu was already doing something important.

"Our apologies, Sensei, we've interrupted you" The ninja bow.

"I'm sorry if I've been distant lately" Wu put away the katana. "My mind has been elsewhere since Lloyd has gone missing, what can I help you with?" Sensei asked.

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we reached our true potential? What if we're ready?" Cole questioned.

"Heh, you might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and everyone of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the Serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer" Sensei Wu answered them as he then turned around.