Chapter 14: Monster Park Mayhem

||Red Tulips||
Love, Passion, Lust

It was an early Saturday morning and everyone was grouped up at the bridge, Nya had brought a little something to show to the ninja.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old." Nya took out a laser pointer and pointed it at the fangs.

"Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutated human cells into reptilian," she turned off the laser. "I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects, without having to create an antivenin, if one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in..."

Nya's face was completely red, "...diminished, uh- excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I am severely allergic to perfume."

"Cough, cough, Jay, cough, cough" Y/n coughed in his arm.

"Heh. You told me it was men's cologne" Jay whispered to Kai.

"Eh, I get them mixed up" Kai joked as the others laughed, both Zane and Kai's fist bumped before Zane flipped open his arm and switched the humor button off, Zane grabbed his book.

"Ah, looks like class is over" Cole grabbed his book and everyone else did the same. "Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades" The four ninjas began to walk out of the room.

"Sounds like a plan," Kai said.

"I'm excited to join," Zane smiled.

"Ditto" Y/n's voice rang as they all left the room with only Jay and Nya in it.

"Uh, hey, Nya, I'm sorry" Nya looked at Jay, he shuddered a bit but was able to pull out something. "The reason I was- you know- I went to Kai because-" he walked closer to her, "Look, what I'm trying to say is-"

"I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes" Nya assumed they were playing a joke on her.

"No, no, no, I was trying to Impress you. Before Sensei left he said our heart was the key to unlocking our true potential" Jay got to his point.

"Impress me? But I look so..." She smiled embarrassedly.

"Fantastic" Jay finished her sentence for her, "Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can't take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to if you don't want to..." Jay said.

"You mean like a date?" Nya asked Jay.

"Um, yeah?" He nervously said.

"Sure! I'd love to" She smiled warmly. "But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight" She waved goodbye and exited the room.

"Yes! Ha-ha-ha!" He began to dance around happily, but he got too close to the skeleton and pricked himself on the Fangpyre's tooth. "ouch! Aah!" He looked at his hand, "Man" he then chuckled and began to dance away, little did he know that the venom was still in the fang. "Guess who's got a date today." Jay strolled inside the room.

"No way," Y/n said as he sat up from his bed, closing his manga.

"Yes way" Jay retorted and danced to the bathroom to take a shower so he didn't smell like perfume anymore.

"Good luck lover boy" Y/n smiled and shook his head as he tucked his manga somewhere safe and walked out the sliding door and made his way to the bridge. "You won't believe it guys" all the ninja look over at Y/n confused.

"Believe what?" Kai questions.

"Jay got a date with Nya" Y/n told them.

"Ha, ha, nice try Y/n, but after the whole perfume stunt I'm pretty sure my sister is gonna stay far away from him" Kai dismissed Y/n's words.