Chapter Twenty: Memoria [1]

You'll get to regret something soon after you lose them.

Dizian suddenly remembered that phrase. It was a phrase one of his teacher would often say to them.

As someone as laid back as he, Dizian didn't think much of it.

But now he do regret something. He regretted buying the game. Dizian wanted to go back, get his normal life back.

But he can't, he was a man of his word. He was someone who can't break off a promise, because he soon would feel guilty after.

Perhaps it was a trauma because of a past mistake.

Suddenly, an excruciating stinging sensation was piercing through his body.

Ah.

That's right, he fainted.

'Am I dead?'

Before he knew it, Dizian's eyes shot open.

Huff. Huff.

He jolt back up, panting and sweating.

Surprisingly he felt no pain, it seems to have subsided as soon as he woke up.

Dizian brushed his forehead using his palm, eventually wiping his building sweating as his fingers run through his hair.

Something then struck him. He was back to his original body, but somehow he was transparent, his body was eventually see through.

His eyes then started to wander around.

A shriek then came out of him after seeing the view below.

In fact he was floating, well it is quite a given taken from the fact that he's see through like a ghost.

However, that didn't concern him(a bit), the more he wander his eyes around the more he could tell that he was not around the school, nor near his current place. Rather, there was a villa surrounded by trees and flowers.

Since he was eventually floating, Dizian hesitatedly glide down to get a closer look at the unusual place. Dizian's ears perks up as he had gotten closer at a garden.

Laughter and chatters of kids and an adult caught up with his hearing. When he finally got close to a flower bed of tulips, he saw a familiar face but not quite.

A woman with blue long hair who was wearing a white dress was talking to two kids as she hand them cake slices.

'... isn't that—!'

The closer Dizian look at the kids the more they become familiar. A boy who has the same color as the woman and a dark wavy haired girl, both was cheerfully talking as they drink their orange juices.

The two kids who are very familiar to Dizian seems like a total stranger now.

It was Shiki and Rinalyn. Although their appearance was quite different. Shiki who has no eye patch and who seem to be more enthusiastic unlike his current self,  and Rinalyn who still has her natural hair color and bubbly personality; moreover they seem to get along quite well.

What exactly happened that made their relationship became what it is now?

Dizian couldn't help but smile at the sight.

But then it made him realized something.

Why was he seeing this? Why was he seeing a memeory that has no connection to himself? Was this part of the game? Can't they see him?

Fortunately, they can't. It seems to him that he's invisible to them, but Dizian still couldn't understand any of it, until a holographic screen appear.