Chapter 15

I do not own Vampire Diaries

Anastasia immediately recoiled at the sight her eyes widening in shock. Without realizing it, her fear had allowed her to click into some of her powers as she immediately sped back from him into a wall. Her wounds protested the sudden movement, but her focus was fixed on Stefan's transformed appearance. He was a vampire, Stefan was a vampire, oh my god, she couldn't believe it, one of her best friends was a vampire. It was all true. 

"Y-you're a vampire," Anastasia said with a slightly shaky voice, she wasn't as scared as she probably should have been considering she'd already suspected their existence and death, or Lucifer, had confirmed it, but it was still a shock to the system to see Stefan suddenly vamp out at her. That was mainly what surprised her, she had thought they were friends, why did he look like he was going to attack her? As her stitches twinged slightly, she suddenly realised that as vampires drink blood, he could probably smell it from her wound. Maybe that's why he lost control?

Stefan immediately calmed down after hearing her speak before his eyes widened horrified, he had nearly attacked Ana, the girl he had come to think of as a little sister. Shit, she knew what he was, he had to compel her like he did Vicky so he immediately vamped towards her but he didn't expect her to suddenly speed to the other side of the room away from him and he looked at her in shock.

Damon had seen the entire thing play out and had noticed her move back too fast for a human and immediately assumed that she was a vampire. 

"You're a vampire," Damon said walking closer to her his curiosity officially peaked.

"What? No. No, I'm not a vampire," Anastasia said with a roll of her eyes before she realised where exactly she was in the room and her eyes widened. "How did..." she asked mostly to herself her eyes looking from the place she had been standing to where she was now in wonder and bafflement. 

Damon narrowed his eyes now confused. He could see that her shock at what she'd done was genuine so was she a newbie vamp?  "How long have you been a vampire?" he asked.

"I told you I'm not a vampire,"  she said annoyed.

"Right," Damon said sarcastically.

"If I was a vampire, don't you think this would heal?" She asked gesturing to the blood on her shirt and he had to stop short at that conceding to her point before furrowing his brows.

"How do you know vampires heal quickly then?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"None of your business," Anastasia said. She couldn't exactly tell them the truth now could she? They'd think she was crazy.

"Then what are you?" he asked.

"No idea," she settled on. There was literally nothing else she could say.

"You have no idea?" Damon said in disbelief.

"Not a clue," Anastasia said with a shrug, despite the fact that she did, she didn't want to clue them in on exactly what she was yet, because right now she didn't trust either of them.

"Ana," Stefan began but he didn't really know what to say, what could you say in this situation? 

"Why did you just try to attack me? I thought we were friends." Anastasia said looking at him in what he thought was something like betrayal.

"I didn't mean to Ana. I lost control. It's the...the smell of your...um...blood... I...I couldn't control myself. I'm so sorry Ana," Stefan said apologetically, he didn't know what else to say.

"No I am not talking about that, I got that when I realised you were a vampire. I am talking about right now, you just tried to attack me again," Anastasia said referring to when she'd sped away from him.