Chapter 31

I do not own the Vampire Diaries

Damon heard his name coming from her lips before she went limp in his arms and he suddenly realized what the hell he had just done as he immediately pulled away from her, looking down at her unconscious form in horror. He quickly picked her up and set her down on the couch in the living room, he was about to give her his blood to heal her before he remembered what had happened last time but then what could he do? He had literally tore into her jugular, she could die.

"Shit. Anastasia, hey," Damon said trying to get her attention but she was still and she was rapidly paling as he got even more panicked. "I'm so sorry," He said before biting into his wrist and making her drink the blood, after a moment he saw her face gaining more of its colour and the wound begin to close and heal slightly. That's when he noticed her pained face as her hand moved to her stomach.

Anastasia gasped awake as pain ripped through her stomach and she cried out clutching it in agony. "What the..."

"Anastasia?!" Damon called concerned as she wrapped her arms around her stomach clearly in pain.

Anastasia looked up when she heard her name being called and her eyes widened when she saw who it was but she had no time to ask as she doubled over slightly crying out, the pain getting worse before she immediately vamp-sped to the sink and vomited out the blood she had apparently consumed.

"Anastasia," Damon said coming towards her pulling her hair back from her face wincing at the clear pain she was in because of him. When she finished, she leant against the counter shakily using the water to clean herself up before she winced as she touched her neck. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd come and I was starving. I couldn't control myself and then I had to feed you my blood otherwise you could have died," He apologised as he let go of her hair.

"Liana, where's Liana? Caroline said she left her here. You didn't, please tell me you didn't," Anastasia said begging him to tell her he hadn't fed on her daughter.

"What? No! I didn't see her anywhere," Damon said confused, now worried for the little girl he's come to grow fond of.

"Oh my God! Where is she?" Anastasia asked with tears in her eyes beginning to panic as she let go of the sink, she had to find her. She held her head as she felt dizzy all of a sudden and Damon quickly caught her.

"Hey, no, you've lost too much blood, my blood didn't fully heal your wound either, you need to rest," Damon said worriedly.

"Rest? I'm not going to rest when my daughter's somewhere out there all alone. I need to find her," Anastasia said struggling to get away from him.

"I'll find her. You're staying here," Damon said stubbornly. 

"No. I'm not going to just sit here and wait. I'm going to find her myself," Anastasia said glaring at him with equal stubbornness.

"I said I'll find her Anastasia. You're going to hurt yourself," Damon said refusing to let her go.

"I don't care. I need to find her. She can't be alone ok? She's going to get a panic attack and I'm the only one who can calm her down. She hasn't been alone since that happened. God she must be so scared," Anastasia said as a tear fell from her eye.

Damon lifted his hand to wipe it only for her to flinch and frowned realising why, so he then very slowly put his hand on her face and used his thumb to wipe her tear as he brought her closer to him and kissed her forehead. "I'll find her I promise. I won't come back until she's with me. I'll bring her straight here ok?" Damon said smoothing her hair away from her worried face.

"No, I'm coming with you," Anastasia said, she didn't trust anyone but herself with her right now, she couldn't rely on him, she refused to.

"Must you be so stubborn? My apologies in advance but I can't let you go," Damon said and she furrowed her brows confused as she asked what before he quickly snapped her neck and caught her before she fell. He looked at her remorsefully before setting her down on the sofa. He paused for a moment when he realised what she was wearing and his eyes wandered before he controlled himself and pulled the blanket over her as he kissed her forehead.