Chapter 19

I do not own Vampire Diaries

AU: I just wanted to say that I've made a few changes to my story so you can go back and read it though most of it is the same. Any new readers, just ignore this and read on :)

Stefan, whilst watching the football team thought why not take Elena's advice and join the team so he got up and walked towards the jerk that called himself a teacher and asked him if he could.

"Varsity trials were last spring, Mr. Salvatore." Mr Tanner replied not even bothering to look at him.

"I wasn't here then, sir." Stefan replied a little taken aback at the teacher's pettiness though he kind of expected it after what happened in the classroom.

"And you're not here now, as far as I'm concerned." Mr Tanner said as he carried on watching his team play on the field.

"Mr. Tanner, I realize that you and I didn't get off to the best start, and I want to apologize for that. I've played football before. Wide receiver, mostly, and I'm pretty good." Stefan said hoping that he'd give him a chance.

"Well, I won't be asking you who won the super bowl in '71." Mr Tanner said as he thought about it, he didn't like the kid, far from it in fact, but if he was as good as he says he is, his team might have a better chance at winning.

"'71 was the..." Stefan was about to say before he noticed the raised eyebrow of the teacher and immediately backtracked, "Sorry. I...I understand that, sir."

"Just to see you get knocked on your ass. Borrow some gear. Go! Before I change my mind. Let's run it again!" Mr Tanner called out.

"First my girlfriend, now my team?" Matt asked frustrated with the boy.

"Dude, this is an opportunity. Football's a contact sport. Sometimes people get hurt. Whoo! Ha ha!" Tyler said hoping to get back at the new kid for Matt and for what happened before on the field.

[At the cheerleader's practice]

"Seriously, where is Caroline?" Bonnie asked a while later beginning to get concerned.

"I don't know. It's not like her." Elena said wondering where she could be.

"I'll try her again." Bonnie said just as Caroline arrives in Damon's car. She kisses him before leaving the car and walking towards them.

"Uh..." Elena said as she looked at the two of them shocked, this was a first, Caroline had many boyfriends over the years but she never was late to cheerleading practice for any of them.

"Oh, my God. That must be the mystery guy from the grill." Bonnie said and she could see what Caroline meant by hot.

"That's not a mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore." Elena said to her.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan?!" Bonnie asked shocked, now despite her dislike for Stefan right now, she had to admit the family had some pretty good genes to have children that looked like them.

"I got the other brother. Hope you don't mind. Sorry I'm late, girls. I, uh, was busy. All right, let's start with the double pike herkey hurdler, what do you say? And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Elena, sweetie, why don't you just observe today? Ok? Keep going! Ok. Do it again from the top. And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8." Caroline instructed.

[The football field.]

"Blue 80! Blue 80! Set, hut! Go! Come on, Tyler, cover it! Let's do it." Matt directed his team.

"Get it." Mr Tanner said.

"Line up!" Matt shouted and as Stefan keeps doing a great job on the football field, Elena couldn't help but watch him.