Chapter 18

**Luke**

I was laying in bed when Ava texted. It was only 9 and I didn't go to work till noon. She said she took the day off and wanted to talk at her place. I didn't know whether it was gonna be a good or bad talk but I was in. I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door. I stopped to pick us up some donuts on the way to be nice and was greeted by a mailing Ava. Always a good sign. 

"Ooh, what kind did you get me?" She said taking the box out of my hands.

"Glaze with sprinkles and a chocolate on chocolate," I said taking my coat off.

"can you get the milk out of the fridge before we talk? Nothing goes better with donuts that chocolate milk."

"Okay, weirdo."

We ate our donuts and drank our milk while joking around. So far this seemed like it would be a good talk. If I had an eight ball, it would say, "All signs point to yes". Once we washed our hands, she wanted to move out to the small balcony to talk. We started with the whole, was it a date or not question, and settled on a no. Sadly, we both agreed it was more of a goodish hangout with a bad ending. 

"It didn't go as I planned," I said leaning over the railing.

"What did you have planned?" She asked leaning against the wall. 

"Well, after the coffee, I did want to go swimming so, when I went to the bathroom before we left I took your swimsuit, which I still have by the way. Anyway, I was gonna grab the bag when I offered the ice cream so that way when we were done we could go for a late night swim."

"Wow, that would've been nice, sorry I ruined it." 

"No no no, you didn't ruin anything. If Micahel hadn't shown up it would've been perfect, but because he was bored and went on Snapchat he decided to just come crash our da- hangout," I said walking over to comfort her.

I pulled her into a hug and told her it was still a nice day. No matter what would've happened that day, it was worth it. Just being around her could brighten any day. We started to sway back and forth in the hug. I smelled her hair, like a middle schooler. It smelled like mint. I pulled us out of the hug and stared at her. She had tears in her eyes. I wiped them away for her making her smile. This was the moment I dreamed of. I leaned in. She leaned in. We kissed.

The moment that I had dreamed of since buying her a coffee on her first day, had finally come true. We pulled apart and I smiled. We kissed again, only longer this time. I felt fireworks go off in my head. My heart started pumping and I loved the excitement. I opened the sliding glass door and guided us to the couch. I could feel her heart pulsating against my chest. Then...My alarm went off.

"Shit," I said pulling my phone out and turning it off.

"You got to go?" She asked.

"If I want to be on time yeah, sorry. Maybe I can swing back after work?" I said getting up.

"No!" She screamed, "Sorry I just mean I have a weekly phone call with my family tonight and they usually take forever."

"Oh um okay, well I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah okay, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT WORK!!!" She yelled as I walked out.

"I promise!" I yelled back.

**Ava**

Shit! Holy fucking shit! What did I just do?! Last night I made my choice and I was happy with it. Now just like 2 days ago, I was back to drama, but on my day off. Michael was coming over after work and I needed to get the taste of Luke out of my mouth in case he knew what he tasted like for some weird reason. I rushed over to the fridge and grabbed one of the Monsters that Michael got me and went back to my room. I sat on my bed and just stared at my black tv screen.