Chapter10

Ya ilahi, Hanan says with fear in her voice.
Relax,it's me,Ahmad says his voice sounding really deep and weak at the same time.

Yaya,what are you doing here?You said you have a surgery to attend to in an hour.
I wanted to speak to you,he says with a raspy voice releasing the hold he had on her.
Despite the darkness,Hanan could sense the pain in his voice.
Ya ilahi,am i the cause of all this?
Hanan why are you doing all this?his voice sounding really weak.
What am i doing? Hanan asks her voice low
Just listen to me,and don't say anything,just listen to me,he says with a croaky voice.
Hanan,don't do this to yourself please,why are you even doing this? Is it because you cannot ever refuse Abba?Why don't you get that this is not about Abba anymore? This is about you,your life,your future.
Abba didn't do you a favour by raising you,he raised you because it was his responsibility,he did it because you are also his daughter.
Get rid of this mentality of thinking about what Abba wants all the time,he also wants you to speak up.
The little side of you that wants to do this thing is betraying you Hanan,he says with so much care and concern laced in his voice.I'm not doing this because I want you for myself.
No! Hanan,you know me well enough by now.
I swear to God,if that excuse of a man was a good person,and you also liked him,I will bury my feelings for your happiness.
But in this case,you are sacrificing your happiness,your future for what you believe is the right thing to do.
And believe me,if this guy proves to be the wrong guy for you,I promise you that I will stop this marriage at any cost, he says and turn on the lights on the way to the balcony.
Be careful,Rabi just finished mopping this place,don't slip and fall,he says and walks away more like angry now.

Ya ilahi,Hanan says tears already brimming her eyes.
Is Yaya this angry?
What if i get to live with Khalil and fall for him with time?
Is the Khalil guy even ok with this?
Ya Allah,I need your guidance.
With all these thoughts roaming round her head she headed to the balcony to be alone.
Hanan is a self-contained person,she dosen't really like communicating her deepest feelings,but for the first time in a long time,she wanted to pour out all her emotions to Ahmad and cry it out on his shoulders.

************************

The house looks very busy as some of Abba's close family and acquaintances make their way into the house,Mamii's little few family memebers that live in Abuja are also present,Anty Bilki,Abba and Hanan's Dad's only sister ,she has been married for 14 years and Allah has not yet blessed her with her own children.
She loves Abba's children sooo much,especially Hanan,she wanted to take care of Hanan back then,but Abba refused,saying " she wasn't ready for such a responsibility"and her husband wasn't the type to cater for Hanan back then.

Anty ina yini,Ahmad says giving Anty Bilki a hug.
Ina gajiya maigidana,ina zuwa?
I have an important appointment, I think I will miss the official introduction.
Where do you think you are going to?
Are you even alright? Mamii asks clearly annoyed at her son's excuse.
Mamii you look drop dead gorgeous in these clothes,Ahmad says with a smirk hoping she would calm down because of his compliment.
You are not going anywhere,give me your phone,Mamii my phone kuma? He says passing the samsung S22 ultra to Mamii.

Maigidana you look worried,you always keep your beard, but not this much,something is bothering you right?
Anty na you see right through me don't you?
Ko yarta wa ce(is it perhaps because of your girlfriend)?
and Ahmad smiles sadly.
I will visit you into the week inshaAllah,he says.

To nagode,Mamii says on Ahmad's phone,and she hangs up and passes it to him.
I personally asked nurse Sajida and she told me you have no such appointment.
Aneesa has gone to the tailor and will stop by at Naeema's,Hanan is still here and she can't be here during the introduction,take her to Naeema's,I don't want the bride driving herself Mamii says nudging my arms.
And I want to talk to you when you get back,you will get back here as soon as you drop Hanan off.
Ok,Ahmad says aloud for Mamii's satisfaction.

Where is she? Ahmad asks
She will meet you in the car.
Ok,he says as he grabs his car keys.

******************
Mamiii just let me drive,Yaya should be here when they arrive.
That's a flat no,he will be back in no time,how many minutes is it to Naeema's house? Mamii asks in a sarcastic tone to Hanan.
The bride!!just get going and relax ok? Mamii says with a smile.
Ok mamiina,till we come back,Hanan says giving Mamii a side hug.
Yaya ina yini,Hanan says in a very low voice as she enters his car.
Ina gajiya amarya he says with a smile that showed his perfect white crystal dentition.

I'm sorry I yelled at you last night,I dont even know what got into me, I'm really sorry ok?
Yaya please don't say that,you are just looking out for me ,Hanan says looking at anything but the Yaya driving beside her.
The drive was silent from there,till they reached the gate to Naeema's house.
Hanan,he calls out and their eyes meet,his heart skipped a beat and she averts her gaze,I didn't take back the part to which I said that I will stop this wedding if that guy proves to be the wrong guy for you,Ahmad says his eyes full of different emotions.
Ok,Hanan smiles warmly.
That smile,Ya Allah.

*******************
Ahmad

Congratulations general!
The wedding will be in 2 months inshaAllah.
Masha Allah,Alhamdulillah are being heard all over the room.
I feel a sudden lump build in my throat , a clutching pain in my chest,a feeling even I cannot explain.
It suddenly hit me that Hanan may marry this guy,he was seated next to his father on the couch all his attention on his phone.
When Abba introduced me to him,we shaked hands and he gave me his ugly smirk.
I really have to look into this guy,he seems a bit strange to me.
It seems he is also being forced into the marriage,but why the "I dont care attitude"
You seem lost Doctor Ahmad,Khalil says coming close to me,I left Abba's main parlour before he announced the main date for both weddings.
So where is my soon to be bride? He says with an obviously fake smile.
Excuse me,I say walking away when Yusuf waved his hand to me as he came out of the parlour.
Congrats bro,I say as I give him the handshake.
Thanks Ahmad.
Oh, the fellow groom?Khalil asks rubbing his temples.
Yes, I am Yusuf Abdulqadir,Aneesa's soon to be husband,Yusuf replies coldly.
Hey guys,Sadeeq ,Naeema's brother yells from the door
Sadeeq sai yanzu,Yusuf complains.
Wallahi traffic,he says as they both come in with Mujahid and another guy I'm not familiar with.

Mujahid ango,yaushe ne sa ranar ku ne?
Next week ,inshaAllah he replies his fair skin betraying him as he tries hard to not blush over the topic.
Who is this? I ask smiling at the unfamiliar person.

This is my cousin Sultan,he replies and we shake hands with Sultan.
We engrossed in a really interesting conversation as Sultan is a neurosurgeon ,I didn't notice when Khalil left to the parlour.
Two brides and 2 grooms............Aneesa and Yusuf.
What are the names of the other couple? Sultan asks smiling.
Hanan Umar and Khalil Abdullahi Muqaddas ,you know my friend Hanan right? Yusuf asks,apparently he knows Sultan from secondary school.

Khalil Abdullahi Muqaddas!!! Sultan asks with shock in both his voice and on his face.

Hey amazing people,I would like to share a new intriguing story with you 'hidden secrets' by Zubayyda check out her profile.
I'm sorry for not updating in a week
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Thank you☺