Chapter 3

Rafael Gabriel Fernandez
I was 16, she was 12.
"Our future Alpha's nascency is fast approaching her new beginning will start at sunrise today, the alpha, Queen Casia and the next alpha of Pthalo Shadows will be coming ins sunset to meet all of you!" Delta Arthur in all cheerfulness brought such exciting news.

I heard other werewolves of my age  clasped in amusement while other did not bother showing emotions. Like me, they were also trained hard day after another, physical,mental, emotional endurance wil greatly help keeping the family safe. Yes, our pack Pthalo Shadows of the Orient has always been the family we treasure. The alpha Dark Romeo Howell, is more likely a father to young werewolves in the pack, the feeling of belongingness ,dependence to his leadership.

Pthalo Shadows of the Orient  has won over unnumbered battles against vampires and other werewolves in the continent.
"Good-looking and attractive young guy", I heard Queen Cassia's compliment. I know it was about me they're talking as the power of hearing distant conversations was the first among all other werewolf traits I've learned,that was a year ago. 
They both laughed hard. I turned my sight to them and bowed. Only then I  noticed her sweet charming hazel brown eyes,curly long hair,and cute thin lips beside twinning cute little dimples. Her eyes widen a bit when I thought she realized my capability of hearing voices from afar.
Her face turned hot and red when she turned her sight to the right and saw her mother was in utmost kilig.

I smiled as my heart beat skipped,
Isn't it mutual feelings? Does she admire me too like how I feel that made me stalk her weeks ago,from the day I've seen her.

She took  a quick glance in  her  wristwatch "Oh!, I think dinner's ready now, I'm starving."she said and smiled, "let's go ma!".
"Sure, let's go!" her mother replied.

Before leaving, she turned her face to my direction, I waved my hand,and smiled at her. Her face lift up and smiled back, waved her hand too in response before she turned her back.

Time flew fast as how werewolves evolved and ruled the supernatural world.I thought it was all good that werewolves reigning the Oriental territories will bring peace to the tribe. Of course,it is,and soon,not too soon, I'll be one of the best beta in the orient vowing my life and whole existence to protect the Alpha.

"Raf, how's your day?"Dad's authoritarian voice  lingered my senses.
I just came home from series of fights against hybrids of the East where some of my allies got badly wounded. I'm not the strongest nor the fastest of the pack, but fortunately got some luck.
"It's tiring, but fine dad!" I'd rather not tell him how tough the fight I went through,what for? He doesn't care at all.
"Can I have a minute with you?"his voice was soft, I'm sure, not his usual temper. I looked back to him, yeah sure dad."
"You're 20 now,but how's bachelor life going?"his questions got me off-guard.
"I wasn't able to give time on it by now dad, I was too occupied in my studies,I paused, and the training as well!" I answered him but looking at down as I couldn't contain his deadly stares.
"Maybe, you're mateless."I heard him chuckle.

"Maybe, I am" without contradiction, I also give him affirmation on his idea. I don't mind having mate by now, it's still too premature.
Well, if you're worthlessness have even caused you mateless by now, it's never a surprise.

"I'm sorry dad, but it's not my priority, I'm learning the ways werewolves live. I shifted twice already but still it's too painful that I can't even walk after shapeshift back to human form."I said half lie, as I was able to get through series of shapeshifts now.

Emulating him as Beta Gregory was never my dream.I have seen him turning himself to a monstrous  devil werewolf, but still forgiven by the merciful alpha.
I know he had plans and that's I wouldn't let to happen. Though his' my father, i would never do the same things as he.
"Son, the alpha's sick. It's now my duty to convene the pack members and  offer my leadership hence the alpha's never be getting well. " He smiled,despite bad news he told me.
I blinked, hesisant ,found no courage to believe him. My father was known for his peculiar denial of the reigning Alpha.
"He stole everything from me! He did succeed in stomping my whole existence,my life, my honor, my pride.
I was thrown as trash away by his father whom I trusted much! No, I devoted my whole life and respect." It's Romeo who did all these misery I had been suffering for decades."his long utterance seemed like wanting sympathy from his abandoned son. I was also abandoned, I was also rejected beyond what he knew,I suffered as much as he does for all for those memories in my childhood have been longing for his attention.
I could not barely see sincerity on his words towards the alpha's sickness but what's on his words lies beyond concern but I sense.something is not right about it.
"Son, look at me."he told me, that made me look straight to him, straighten my slouchy posture. All those years, I know have been bitter and distant to you, it was because I was scared you might disobey me for I'm a loser beta. I was never the best werewolf in the entire continent because I was willfully denied with the chance to show the best of me. I am nothing but worthless servant of the alpha.
"Dad!"I frowned on his words, never expecting him to turn tables as my misery all along was the same as his.
"I'm sorry,I forgot you son."his tears flowed upon his eyes. "Please know how much I care for you and your mother, your mother was my life, my happiness but she left me, rejected me as the world does,I'm a loser!"
he  sounded so certain.
My mother Xenna was a hybrid, so rare among us that she proclaimed herself leading other packs of female hybrids of the Atlanta. I was with her until her last days. Being a hybrid doesn't guarantee mortality when she had rough fight against wolves of the West, unfortunately her heroic sacrifice brought her pack to claim the territory. If only she's alive,I would never beg for dad's affection.
"Like the alpha, I too have sensed my weakening. Hadn't you notice it?" The way his eyes held mine, I can sense sincerity leaving doubts in my head, disregarding pain of rejections I suffered, I took his hand,my sympathy  is on him."
Despite numerous punishment and rejections I endured since day 1 I came to this werewolf world, I don't ever have seen it coming, the day that this aged werewolf from which I sprout become will ever realize hollowness he tend to despise for insisting fate of his dreams.

"Don't worry dad, we werewolves can heal against illness, never shall anything or anyone can ever destroy our existence.
I heard him sighed, "yeah, indeed.!" "Can you forgive me then?" My eyes widen as my heart thuds with those words. Impossible. Could I forgive him though? I asked my self in a second, Am I ready? Ready to forget all those why's,what if's and if only's I had in mind while longing for his affection all those days.
I looked at him."I'm actually out of words."I said.his face turned pale, maybe wasn't expecting my answer.
"I'm looking forward to building memories with you from now.I'm sorry dad,I also caused you pain,I should have understood your sentiments,after all you're my dad. "
He smiled and walked towards me,
" I should have seen you as my greatest masterpiece" he said and hugged me.
I shut eyes, covering up  emotion that may transpire while he's near ,not being ridiculous, but let's just say that instinct and emotional endurance were critical to werewolves like how prevailing emotions ought to be secured against anyone,even him . 
"You don't believe me then!" his voice merely inflamed  of disappointment.
I looked at him speechless. "You have just grown wiser huh!, It's bullshit! He shouted with voice gotten  fiercer. "You! worthless,powerless as your mother will never win over my plans! Your loyalty to the alpha showed me how stupid you are, truly a son of a foolish worthless breed!"Should I tell you how did I killed her?"
My eyes widen as I realized he was the killer I'd been looking. The one I solely intend to reap each of my sacrifices,the lonesome, heartaches and mourning of the loss. I felt my hands ironically getting wet burning hot, unusual  body shaking, I urged myself to cry but tears were nowhere, rage all over my senses took my sanity to its peak.  I felt the pang of excruciating pain slowly urging Atticus to come out, the call of shapeshift like never before,I growled strongly like collecting all strength I gained from painful experiences of rejections. My entire body got almost unbearable burning sensation, urges ferociously smashing clothes all over, I heard my bones cracking, muscles extending, furs slowly getting thicker, claws and teeth growing. His words provoked my lupine, Atticus to take over my being.
One blink and his devilish orbs burnt bloody, claws and teeth grew fast sharply aiming to rip-off each of my flesh he growled louder, that if ordinary human could hear would get even scared by its threatening sound.
Atticus, so young but had gone through same fights unleashed each vein grown at larger readying himself for a fight he's been wanting.
Off to air, Gregory's lupine, Damon smashed everything reachable until it fastly reached Atticus arms, while Atticus forcefully got rid of the opponent's deadly claws by smashing back off his opponent's neck.
"I'd love crashing your flesh piece by piece until no immortality could ever bring back the strength as it was.I would love breaking each bone within you, leaving nothing but debris of a fucking loser,weakling. I ashamed your existence just like  your mother. You really didn't know why she choose fate over you? She was called to lead a pack as I do, but with such weakling child as you, well, she chose to leave you behind for her to fulfill the prophecy,her fate to throne,which means shutting her motherhood to a worthless child!" his earbreaking wild growl passed throughout my while sanity. I growled back on him denying his persuasions.

Aren't you aware of you being a loser,weak, sickly son?" He growled harder like demons creating vast thunderous sound in the sky. As much as I want to end your shit miserable life,"his wolf hold my neck,burning his claws inch by inch while each digging comes out bloods of a werewolf,unwanted shamefully abandoned. I felt Atticus reduced temper like hopeless upon hearing the Damon's heartbreaking revelation.

Nothing I could see any reason of continuing the urge of killing  this demonic creature.

"Mom and him, are somewhat alike,they supposed to but didn't bother creating blissful life for their child."

Intensifying  pain completely swallowed him up, Atticus spoke hopelessly  weak, I felt the urge to howl the loudest I can ever done, regretfully screaming regrets over tenebrous soul.
Damon took advantage of the glooming emotions, growled in anger while continuously squeezing my flesh, smashing furs.
Breathing hard, I heard a wolf voice getting louder in my mindlink, I heard "stop now,after all, he's Atticus" said someone.