Chapter 7

"Raf we need you here. It's getting serious and we can't take the risk!"

Xander's  troubled voice from the other line commanding him to be back from where his heart left.  Now that's Alundra in danger, nothing matters more than her safety.

"The Luna". His restless mind kept rushing out. From his studio legale in Milan,Italy where  he associated himself with other foreign lawyers holding different international cases, he made sure to get aboard in the next flight exactly to arrive in the Philippines within 13 hours and 32 minutes.

"I'm here." He called Arkae, his best friend. A secret keeper . Delta of his secret pack. "I'm at the car park area, I'll pick you at the arrivals."

"Copy."Raf put his cellular phone inside his coat while looking at the arriving black 2022  Cadillac XT6. He settled himself at the passenger seat and quickly  worn  his seatbelt,in seconds they crossed northbound lane towards Zander's secret penthouse.

"The secret penthouse in the North Pthalo, only known to few from the pack,only the ones aware of Alundra's existence. Yeah, Janica Lyca vanished and it's now Alundra who's alive. A human, weak. Emotional.Mortal. This is our job, to protect her, secure her safetyfrom the predator, unfortunately my father. His obsession to the throne controlled him, now he'd plan of Killing the Luna, to completely assert the right to the throne, as the Moon Goddess partly denied him the possession and power of an alpha,it was manifested during the ritual, Gregory's offerings left unburned throughout the ceremony. It was unlikely  a rare manifestation of denial, never in the history of pack did it happened. "

"Gregory's not gonna shift to his full alpha state until he killed Alundra. Four years ago, in that vast dark forest where his lupine, Damon cursed Janica Lyca,he got shot by Delta Arthur's arrow. That made Damon lost his strength,I got the perfect opportunity to steal Janica from his claws that moment when he gave in growling in pain as he got hit from the weapon thrown into him. I ran as fast as I can while leaving the Delta and other allies fighting against Gregory's accomplices. Croax ran after me, I can hear him growl loud, determined to kill us. I can smell his stinky saliva hungry to savor flesh and blood. Janica's on my arms, unconsciously oblivious to this life-threatening circumstances.

It's better this way, she unaware, innocent of the cruelty of  this supernatural world. I ran faster, losing counts on hours of running until I reached a high cliff, impossible to jump as it could kill us, I knew this place it's the end of Pthalo Shadows territory of the north, If we got to jump, Janica could not endure the depth, she's still unconscious and impossible to wake up in three days after the curse. I can smell Croax he's probably less that a mile away from us, In 3-5 minutes, he'll be behind us.

Nothing's in my mind than saving this innocent young lady from danger, she has to live, she has  to shift and lead the pack. I looked at her angelic face, innocent but undeniably gorgeous. I have never looked this way to other women in the pack, I kept admiring her smiles from that day I first saw it, from that day I prayed her to by mate. Now, her life's in danger in the hands of my father who have destructed her family, her life,her future.

I stared at her beautiful thin pinkish lips, I would rather die defend you. I'll be your guard, your shield . There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Come what may, please live long , my Alundra!" and he secretly rendered his gentle kiss to her forehead.

Raf laid her down while facing the approaching rage of countless enemies."If I could not make it, please save her" he rose his sight to the dark twinkling starlight in the sky, the Moon at its brightest peak providing them light witnessed his willingness to sacrifice, to offer his life not because of her election being a Luna, but the urge of saving her even in exchange of his life. If there's reincarnation,I'd like to live again and tell her how beautiful inspiration she was to him.

He took his necklace from his neck,the necklace he had been personalized with a secret pendant, it her name engraved into it and  let her wore it. He smiled. If it's his own life would suffice in exchange of hers,he'd be glad offering it.

He turned, and shifted back to Atticus, collected his strength and fought against the approaching Croax'  claws and fangs, slashes after slashes  throughout their bodies, Croax aggressively attacked his neck aiming to dig his claws but seemed more of beheading him. Raf instantly caught Croax' arm and wildly twisted it while digging his claws to Croax boney chest. Croax growled in extreme pain, fueled by desperation to let go of Atticus' attack, he linked other accomplice to attack Atticus' back.
Someone struck him with long sharp weapon from the back, he growled in pain, blood came out his mouth.Despite excruciating pain that almost killed him he still managed to pull out the knife on his back and immediately stabbed it back in return. While Croax' grabbed him and they both rolled aimlessly towards the cliff and fell hard to it. Atticus lost conciousness as his body hit hard the riverbank. 

Xander's lupine, Kieron and his fellow came upon the scene past the moment Atticus fell,they fought against Croax' subordinates,one after another."Blink and you'll die!" Kieron blurted out. Croax growled out of anger. Kieron busted out and forcefully smashed Croax wounded chest which made him throw up bloods. Leaving him no choice, Croax jumped over the high cliff where Atticus fell hoping to save himself from the Kieron's vengeful attacks.

"Save him!"Kieron shouted to his fellow. His command rose up each one's senses. Vlad,Arkae's lupine immediately jumped straight way to the cliff aiming to find Atticus. He looked at every secluded chamber undergrounds.There was none. Nothing's there to find. Atticus must had thrown himself to the river.
"Shit!" he jumped towards an isolated  rock at the center of the streaming water. He faced upward and howled loud like letting his pack know the need of  reinforcement in searching Atticus.
"We're coming!" Other werewolves at one count promptly jumped towards Vlad and searched Atticus everywhere.

"His here!" An omega shouted at the farthest part of the river. Everybody ran towards naked, unconscious Raf who's entire weak and wounded throughout his body.