Chapter 7 (edited)

Hi everyone

Recap:
" Miss. Hernández did take a blood test previous evening and we discovered that you have immediate family. Your father would like to take custody of you both and would love to take you two to Italy to live with him and your half brothers."

Alexia's pov:

After hearing the words leave from Enzo's mouth I sat frozen. I never knew about my father. My mother said it was a one night stand gone wrong. I never looked into my biological father. I had my papa with me so never I wanted anyone to try to take my papa's place. My papa was my only father. No biological father could ever take his place. I feel my tears weld up at memory of my papa but I know this is not the place to have a breakdown. I swallow my tears and speak.

"I have no issues if Rosalie want to go with them. However I have a guardian who can take care of me. I would appreciate if our biological family takes over custody of Rosalie and my guardian takes over my custody. I know Rosalie would agree to this aswell. Won't you Rosie? " I ask Rosie in a slight threatening voice so that she knows that I am not messing this time. She quickly nods her head. I can already tell she is happy that I am not going to be around her.

Enzo was about to say something when he was interupted by a lady walking ahead.

"Hello dear, I am your social worker Maria. I get that you are not that familiar with your family but I do believe that going with them would be a better option. Passing your guardianship to someone won't be easy as you already have very highly financially stable father. Going to court for custody battle will affect you aswell. At the end it will be your family that will win. You are related by blood. I hope you get my point. " She tries to justify herself.

It was quite clear that my biological father was an influential person and that was the reason she was trying to convince me to go under his custody. I am well aware that Devin has a higher influence especially here in New York as this is our main base.

"Miss. Maria I can assure you that my guardian is financially strong and quite capable of taking care of me. I do believe he can prove in court that he can take care of me. Now if you excuse me Miss. Maria I have already made my decision. I won't mind a battle for custody and I know my guardian won't mind aswell." I say in the same fake sweet voice as hers.

Noone can make me move countries forcefully in name of law. I am well known for my law breaking and I know how to use law for my convinience. I was about to walk away but Enzo stops me.

" Miss. Romano I would like to have a private conversation with you. Mr. Pablo could stay here as proof that I am not trying to force her into moving as Miss. Maria did. Now excuse us please. " Enzo said professionally trying to not snap at Maria.

Everyone starts walking out and I could feel people behind me leaving as well. I was tempted to turn around but I don't. I still keep my face blank trying to hold back my anger. As soon as the door closes, I end up asking the question that was stuck with me.

"Who is my biological family?" I ask almost wishing that I could take back my words. I don't want to know about them but my curiosity got the best out of me.

"Delucas' " That one word was enough to freeze me.

Papa always had good relations with Delucas'. Though Alphas' and Italian Mafia never claimed an official alliance it was well known that you attack one and you'll have other on your back. After papa's death, Deluca's helped Devin to investigate Papa's assassination. Devin tried to keep me away from the investigation knowing I would act more emotionally than rationally in this case ending up getting killed. But he kept me updated about everything. I will forever be grateful for Deluca's help but this doesn't mean I go and live with them.

I take a deep breath calming all the racing thoughts and barely keeping myself from hitting something, more likely Officer Pablo.

"Officer Pablo better start explaining why the fuck did you think it was appropriate to call Deluca's without informing me." I say through gritted teeth barely controlling my anger.

"Lexi I informed Devin. I did what he asked me to. " Mr. Pablo says calmly trying to not trigger my temper.

"Lexi you need to calm down. Devin wants to keep you as low as possible. A custody battle between 2 well known powerful family will make you a bigger target. Until you take up your position as 'Alpha' you have to remain low. " Enzo explains trying to calm me down. But it does nothing more than rilling me up.

"Cut the bullshit Enzo. You very well know that the sudden arrival of dead Italian Mafia princess would be more that enough to bring me under light. So stop lying and tell me the truth. What is it that you know but I am kept in dark about?" I ask away.

" Lexi I am not the right person to ask. I think Devin will explain you everything when you reach home. For now I believe you should agree to go with the Deluca's. " Enzo tries conving me. I take out my phone from back pocket and call Devin not bothering to respond to Enzo.

"Hey Lexi, I was expecting a call from you. " Devin says as soon as he picks up the call.

"Devin, I am trying really hard to stay calm and hear your side out. But if I find out that you did this with some stupid reason thinking I should get to know my family, I won't hesitate to shoot you. " I say in deadly calm voice. He knows better than messing up with me now.

"Lexi I will explain you everything when you come home. For now please trust me and agree to go with the Deluca's. " Devin says calmly.

"Devin. I need the truth. NOW! " I say my voice raising a bit. It was so out of character for me to raise my voice. Especially at Devin. But at this point I don't care. I needed the answers now.

"I am sorry Lexi. Just know that I never wanted to hide this from you." Devin starts explaining everything to me. I was barely able to process everything without going on rampage.

But one think was sure that I won't let the history repeat itself.

Question of the chapter:

What do you think Devin said to Lexi?

I hope you liked the chapter. Do vote and comment. Appreciation and criticism both are welcomed.

Date: 26 July 2022

Thankyou