Chapter 17 (edited)

Hi everyone...

Sorry for the delay.

We are almost at 20k reads. I don't know if this book really deserves it or not but I am greatful for this love.

To all the Indians out their. Happy Independance Day. ♥

Also the chapter is not edited. Point out in comments if any changes are needed.

Also a big author's note at end
Do read it.

Alexia's pov:

Next morning I woke up early at 6am. Though I hardly had 3 hours of sleep, I had a metting with my team. Devin might be the face of 'Alpha Automobiles' but he always gives me enough responsibilities to prepare me to take over after 18.

I quickly complete the meeting early morning to avoid other people looking into my work. Only Alessandro and Francesco knows that I work for 'Alpha Automobiles' and I want it to remain the same.

I decided to try and talk with everyone today. It might help me in my mission. Also I can't survive in a awkward environment if I try to avoid them. Maybe not as family but I can still talk them as acquaintance. They are one of our best allies and the only aly of ours that papa trusted wholeheartedly. So I guess I can try to get to know them, for papa.

With that in mind, I quickly freshen up and reach dining room around 9am. Elijah was in kichen making pancakes. House helpers were arranging the dining table.

"Good morning Lexi. Could you wait for another 15 mins for everyone to come? We have family breakfast on Sunday's. " Elijah says with smile.

"Sure. Why are you making breakfast today. Isn't Maria here?" I ask him.

I might have tasted her food once but my tastebuds are already addicted to it. I can also try to bribe her to leave working for Deluca's come with me.

"I like cooking so I make food on Sundays. And Maria is on leave. But she did send some sandwiches in morning only for you. She kept on ranting about how useless we guys are and we don't appreciate her enough. Also she specified noone other than you to even smell it. God knows what wonders you did on her. She never send food for anyone on leave days." He says chuckling.

Her food was mouth watering . I literally appreciated her after a every few minutes. I might have went overboard with that but her cooking deserved it.

"I have my charm. I might even even convince her to leave her husband for me. Remind me to write a love letter for her later." I say jockingly. He lightly laughed at that.

In 15 minutes everyone was at table. Francesco and Alessandro sat at the both ends. Xander and Xavier sat on either sides of mine. Rosie sat opposite to me with Matteo and Luca on her either sides. Everyone quickly dived into food.

"So what is everyone's plan for the day?" Rosie asks while eating.

"Me and Xander are going to go meet some friends of ours. We'll be back by afternoon." Xavier answers.

"I am going to go play some games. You and Lexi can join me." Matteo responds.

"I hate those games Matteo. We'll watch disney movies." Rosie says excitedly.

"Come on we always watch them. Can't we play video games for once. I'll also teach you. And then Lexi can also join us. Will you join us Lexi?" Matteo asks hopefully.

"Sure. We can play video games later today." I say to Matteo while eating. I felt bad for the way I talked with him last night.

Matteo gives me a big smile which was enough for me to know that I made right decision.