FORTY SIX,

REAL LIFE (JUNE 22),

TW: attempts of suicide and mentions of thoughts any paragraph will be marked with ⚠️

⚠️ There I was. At the edge of a cliff, about to jump off. Only this time, there were no friends around me to hype me up to jump off, knowing I would be safe. Only this time I wasn't. I wasn't safe at all, I was far from safe this time. No one was here to tell me that they hope I don't die, no one even thought that. No harness was strapped around my waist to protect me from dying. I was free. Free from safety.

⚠️ I slowly step closer to the edge, looking down at the landscape below me. I take a deep breath, stepping closer once more, muttering a few words of sorry to myself.

"Ella. Don't step any closer to that edge." A voice from behind me instructs.

This voice was his voice. The voice who had told me many times to not do what I was about to do. The voice that had told me he loved me. The same voice, that had formed the words "We should take a break.". The same voice that I haven't heard in 2 weeks. The voice that belonged to someone I'm in love with.

"Matt, leave me alone," I tell him, not bothering to turn around. "Ella why are you doing this?" he questions. "I have to Matt," I answer.

"Says who?"

⚠️"Everyone. Matt, everyone. All of the little fans that are obsessed with you, so obsessed that they want me to kill me, the girl you believed over me because you don't trust me, everyone. Everyone wants me dead. And like you guys always say, gotta make the fans happy." I tell him, finally turning around to prove my point.

⚠️"Ella no. Not everyone. I don't. Chris doesn't. Nick doesn't. Baylen doesn't. Alahna and Madi don't. Elmer doesn't. I don't. I don't want you dead." Matt argues.

⚠️ I just roll my eyes as his lies seep out of his mouth. I turn back around, stepping forward on the edge. As I'm close to jumping off, I feel arms wrap around me from behind and pull me to their chest, preventing me from doing anything.

⚠️ "Matt let go of me." Ella demands, squirming around in Matt's arms as he carries her away from the edge. "No Ella. You may not be my biggest fan right now, but I need to save you from killing yourself." Matt objects, picking the girl up fully, and pressing her chest against his.

"Wrap," Matt instructs. Ella rolls her eyes in annoyance, adding an annoyed sigh, and reluctantly wraps her legs around his figure and her arms around his neck, a tear sliding down her face as Matt carries her to the van.

He carefully places her in the backseat behind the driver's seat, then gets into the front.

"Hey, Matt?" Ella starts, "Uh yeah?" Matt replies, taking a quick glance in the rearview mirror. "Why did you come to the cliff? She questions.

"I was heading to Wendy's to go get food for everyone, well not you cause you weren't with Baylen, he just said you were out and to not worry about it or whatever, and so I was on the way to Wendy's and I saw your bike right at the entrance, and I knew it was yours, cause I was there when you got it last Summer, and I mean it stays at my house when you guys went back to Florida. And since I knew it was yours, I pulled over and went to find you to see if maybe you were in there. I almost gave up but then I heard you talking to yourself so I came to see you." Matt explains.

"Dammit," Ella mutters.

⚠️ "No. Not dammit. I'm so glad I heard you talking cause I bet right now, you'd be about 200 feet in a ditch, dead. Do you know how much of an impact that would have on your friends? On me?" Matt begins to get a bit angry, the fact that the girl he loves was almost dead a matter of minutes ago.